What Should we do About Boost.Test?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
86 messages Options
What Should we do About Boost.Test? – Hi All, I was just going through Boost.Test to try to figure out how to teach it, and while it looks to have substantial value, it is also ...
Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: > Hi All, > > I was just going through Boost.Test to try to figure out ...
Sorry I went quiet for a while; I got sick. I figure I should respond directly to this message, even if I don't respond to any others... on...
[Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] Sorry to come late to this party, I usually do not read the developers group on gmane because....
[Please do not mail me a copy of your followup] boost@... spake the secret code <kkhg4t$4et$1@...> thusly: >I would be happy to st...
> I updated a checked out subversion repository to tags/release/boost_1_53_0 > and looked at the Boost.Test documentation. > > I'm ...
On Thursday 04 October 2012 13:20:00 Dave Abrahams wrote: > > The question remains: "how do I learn/teach this library?" If I ...
on Fri Oct 05 2012, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev-AT-gmail.com> wrote: > On Thursday 04 October 2012 13:20:00 Dave Abrahams wrote...
On 10/5/2012 5:15 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote: > > on Fri Oct 05 2012, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev-AT-gmail.com> wrote: > >...
Dave Abrahams <dave@...> writes: > on Fri Oct 05 2012, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev-AT-gmail.com> wrote: > >> On ...
Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: > The question remains: "how do I learn/teach this library?" If I can't ...
Hi, I'm trying to generate the Boost.Test trunk docs and I'm getting cd libs/test/doc pc6:doc viboes$ bjam warning: mismatched versions of...
on Fri Oct 05 2012, Gennadiy Rozenal <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote: > Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: >...
on Fri Oct 05 2012, Dave Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote: > OK, this makes no sense at all, IIUC. You have improved documenta...
> I don't know what to do about this. Because of the lack of redundancy > (i.e. tests and documentation), it's hard to tell whether this l...
John Maddock <boost.regex <at> virgin.net> writes: > Here's my wish list though: > > * Lightweight, header only if possib...
>> * Clear separation between components (execution monitor, from unit test >> call framework, from testing macros). Ideally each wo...
John Maddock <boost.regex <at> virgin.net> writes: > > >> * Clear separation between components (execution monitor, f...
on Tue Sep 18 2012, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote: >> No I mean that if I break on a test case and then hit &quo...
Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: > I haven't looked at the code, but I wonder if Gennadiy could improve the > si...
on Fri Oct 05 2012, Gennadiy Rozenal <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote: > Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: >...
John Maddock wrote: >> Again: proper component dependency. Depending on trunk version of >> your dependencies is the root cause of t...
Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes: > One small point: I had this problem many years ago which prompted me > to (rel...
Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes: > >> One small point: I had this problem many ye...
> -----Original Message----- > From: boost-bounces@... [mailto:boost-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Dave > Abrahams > Sent: Monday, Sept...
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow@...> wrote: > For many people, the documentation can be ignored in favour of...
On 29/09/2012 9:46 AM, Stephan Menzel wrote: > It simply is one of the best testing frameworks out there and whatever > it might be lackin...
Sohail Somani <sohail <at> taggedtype.net> writes: > Anyway, I haven't looked back yet and (sorry) I'm not sure I will. > G...
on Sat Sep 29 2012, Gennadiy Rozental <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote: > Sohail Somani <sohail <at> taggedtype.net> writes:...
> Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: > on Sat Sep 29 2012, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > >> Google Mock itse...
on Fri Oct 05 2012, Gennadiy Rozenal <rogeeff-AT-gmail.com> wrote: >> Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: ...
On 29/09/2012 3:31 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: >> >Anyway, I haven't looked back yet and (sorry) I'm not sure I will. >> >Goo...
> Sohail Somani <sohail <at> taggedtype.net> writes: > I looked at the example and I couldn't really understand it. However, ...
On 29/09/2012 20:31, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Sohail Somani <sohail <at> taggedtype.net> writes: > >> Anyway, I haven...
> Mathieu Champlon <m.champlon <at> free.fr> writes: Hi Mathieu, This is a big subject. And a riddles with a lot of confusion...
On 29/09/2012 18:33, Sohail Somani wrote: > (...) > Anyway, I haven't looked back yet and (sorry) I'm not sure I will. > Google Mock ...
On 29/09/2012 4:54 PM, Mathieu Champlon wrote: > On 29/09/2012 18:33, Sohail Somani wrote: >> (...) >> Anyway, I haven't looked ...
Paul A. Bristow <pbristow <at> hetp.u-net.com> writes: > I'd like some changes (output layout is annoying), What about it? And...
Gennadiy, On Sep 27, 2012, at 4:56 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Paul A. Bristow <pbristow <at> hetp.u-net.com> writes: >&...
Ian Emmons <iemmons <at> bbn.com> writes: > I can't speak for Paul, of course, but I would like it > if I could build Boost...
On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 04:24:53 +0000 (UTC) Gennadiy Rozenal <rogeeff@...> wrote: > Ian Emmons <iemmons <at> bbn.com> writes...
Sergey Popov <loonycyborg <at> gmail.com> writes: > > > I would like it > > > if I could build Boost.Test libra...
Hi Gennadiy, On Friday, 28. September 2012 23:54:41 Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Sergey Popov <loonycyborg <at> gmail.com> writes...
Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes: > That is news for me. Which part? test_execution monitor deprecation was announced ...
AMDG On 10/04/2012 12:11 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes: > >>> I know noth...
Steven Watanabe <watanabesj <at> gmail.com> writes: > --with-test is part of the user-level build process. > prg_exec_monito...
Hi, just to give my 0.02CHF. I was trying to teach unit testing in C++ years ago and found Boost.Test unteachable then and Google-Test to b...
on Tue Sep 18 2012, Peter Sommerlad <peter.sommerlad-AT-hsr.ch> wrote: > I was trying to teach unit testing in C++ years ago and fou...
Dave Abrahams <dave <at> boostpro.com> writes: > > > on Tue Sep 18 2012, Peter Sommerlad <peter.sommerlad-AT-hsr.ch...
Peter Sommerlad <peter.sommerlad <at> hsr.ch> writes: > > Hi, > > just to give my 0.02CHF. > > I was tryi...
Le 18/09/2012 17:41, Peter Sommerlad a écrit : > Hi, > > just to give my 0.02CHF. > > I was trying to teach unit testing in C+...
On 09/17/2012 04:40 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote: > I don't mean this posting as an attack on Gennadiy in any way, but I > think the situatio...
on Tue Sep 18 2012, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard-AT-ens-lyon.org> wrote: > On 09/17/2012 04:40 PM, Dave Abrahams wrote: > &...
Mathias Gaunard wrote: > > Isn't Boost.Test's only problem the fact that other Boost libraries > are tested against the trunk rather t...
On Sep 18, 2012 11:35 PM, "Robert Ramey" <ramey@...> wrote: > > There's no need to wait for "modularized Boost" ...
Daniel James wrote: > On Sep 18, 2012 11:35 PM, "Robert Ramey" <ramey@...> wrote: >> >> There's no need to wait ...
Le 19/09/12 01:35, Robert Ramey a écrit : > Mathias Gaunard wrote: >> Isn't Boost.Test's only problem the fact that other Boost librari...
Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote: > Le 19/09/12 01:35, Robert Ramey a écrit : >> Mathias Gaunard wrote: >>> Isn't Boost.Test's ...
Le 19/09/12 08:08, Robert Ramey a écrit : > Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote: >> Le 19/09/12 01:35, Robert Ramey a écrit : >>> ...
Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote: > Le 19/09/12 08:08, Robert Ramey a écrit : >> I urge anyone who doubts my position on this to try a ...
Vicente J. Botet Escriba <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes: > Hi Robert, > > IIUC, your strategy to tests has some...
On 17/09/12 15:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: > > Hi All, > > I was just going through Boost.Test to try to figure out how to teach >...
on Tue Sep 18 2012, Jamie Allsop <ja11sop-AT-yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > On 17/09/12 15:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: >> >> Hi Al...
On 2012-09-17 16:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: > Hi > As a straw man, I'll make this suggestion: > > - Boost.Test is officially depreca...
On 28/09/2012 07:30, Roland Bock wrote: > On 2012-09-17 16:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: >> Hi >> As a straw man, I'll make this sugg...
Dave Abrahams <dave@...> writes: > Hi All, > > I was just going through Boost.Test to try to figure out how to teach > it...
Am 17.09.2012 16:40, schrieb Dave Abrahams: > > As a straw man, I'll make this suggestion: > > - Boost.Test is officially deprecat...
On 09/17/2012 08:40 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote: > > Hi All, [...] > As a straw man, I'll make this suggestion: > > - Boost.T...
>> Boost.Test is officially deprecated in the next release That's sort of too fast and reckless, I agree that there are issues in Boost.Te...
On 17.09.2012 07:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: > Hi All, > > I was just going through Boost.Test to try to figure out how to teach > it...
On 17/09/12 17:49, Timo H. Geusch wrote: > On 17.09.2012 07:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: [snip] >> - Boost.Test is officially deprecated...
Timo H. Geusch <timo <at> unix-consult.com> writes: > I agree that this is a massive problem - I've been using Boost.Test for ...
On 17.09.2012 10:34, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Timo H. Geusch <timo <at> unix-consult.com> writes: > >> I agree that t...
On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 16:40:31 +0200, Dave Abrahams <dave@...> wrote: > [...]I am not at all attached to removing Boost.Test from Boo...
> I don't know what to do about this. Because of the lack of redundancy > (i.e. tests and documentation), it's hard to tell whether this l...
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:18 AM, John Maddock <boost.regex@...> wrote: >> I don't know what to do about this. Because of the lack of...
Lorenzo Caminiti <lorcaminiti <at> gmail.com> writes: > I use LightweightTest often instead of Boost.Test (also because > Ligh...
On 17/09/2012 12:18 PM, John Maddock wrote: > > Just one other data point: major updates to Boost.Test have broken my > stuff on more ...
On 17/09/2012 10:40 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote: > I am not at all attached to removing Boost.Test from Boost, but IMO > rescuing it would req...
Hi Sohail, On Monday, 17. September 2012 10:50:52 Sohail Somani wrote: > On 17/09/2012 10:40 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote: > > I am not a...
Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes: > > However, I can never figure out > > anything from the documentation and e...
On 17/09/2012 1:06 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote: > Jürgen Hunold <jhunold <at> gmx.eu> writes: > >>> > >However, I...
On 17/09/2012 11:36 AM, Jürgen Hunold wrote: > Please take a look at > > http://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2012/09/196050.php >...
2012/9/17 Dave Abrahams: > (I seriously thought about volunteering > for this myself, but realistically speaking, I don't have the time, a...
On 17-09-2012 16:40, Dave Abrahams wrote: > As a straw man, I'll make this suggestion: > > - Boost.Test is officially deprecated in ...
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Dave Abrahams <dave@...> wrote: > > Thoughts? I'd like to mention that the library has been in B...