WG: Trojan warning

Boost - Build mailing list

Hi,
I just wanted to build Boost with

bootstrap

.\b2

But when I tried to run b2, Kaspersky interrupts and deletes the file. The same happens, if I try to install Boost.Build.

Is there any way to make this file non-infected (except for removing Kaspersky)?

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: WG: Trojan warning

Boost - Build mailing list
On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Kölsch, Andreas via Boost-build <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
I just wanted to build Boost with

bootstrap

.\b2

But when I tried to run b2, Kaspersky interrupts and deletes the file. The same happens, if I try to install Boost.Build.

Is there any way to make this file non-infected (except for removing Kaspersky)?

It's not infected as you built it yourself (that's what bootstrap does). And I'm assuming you used precautions and checked hashes for what you downloaded. But this is not the first time we've heard of Kaspersky complaining about b2. And the suggestion has been to not use Kaspersky (according to many it's rubbish anyway).

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything