ViennaCL 1.5.0 released

Karl Rupp
Dear ublas users,

in light of the recent discussions about ublas 2 and such, I'd like to
announce the ViennaCL 1.5.0 release, which rebuilds the ublas interface
while providing full accelerator support:
  http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/

About 80 to 90 percent of the ublas operations listed here:

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/numeric/ublas/doc/operations_overview.htm
are already provided. Among other improvements, the current release
fills the following gaps:

  - w = row(A, i); w = column(A, j)
  - w = diag(A); A = diag(W, k);
  - t = norm_frobenius(A)
  - C = element_prod(A, B); C = element_div(A, B);

The full changelogs are available here:
  http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/changelog.txt

Add-on functionality such as iterative solvers, QR factorizations, and
eigenvalue algorithms, which can all be natively used with ublas types
as well, are available as usual. :-)

Best regards,
Karli
Sent to: [hidden email]

Re: ViennaCL 1.5.0 released

Nasos Iliopoulos
Great work Karli!

On 12/23/2013 05:19 AM, Karl Rupp wrote:

> Dear ublas users,
>
> in light of the recent discussions about ublas 2 and such, I'd like to
> announce the ViennaCL 1.5.0 release, which rebuilds the ublas
> interface while providing full accelerator support:
>  http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/
>
> About 80 to 90 percent of the ublas operations listed here:
>
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/numeric/ublas/doc/operations_overview.htm
>
> are already provided. Among other improvements, the current release
> fills the following gaps:
>
>  - w = row(A, i); w = column(A, j)
>  - w = diag(A); A = diag(W, k);
>  - t = norm_frobenius(A)
>  - C = element_prod(A, B); C = element_div(A, B);
>
> The full changelogs are available here:
>  http://viennacl.sourceforge.net/changelog.txt
>
> Add-on functionality such as iterative solvers, QR factorizations, and
> eigenvalue algorithms, which can all be natively used with ublas types
> as well, are available as usual. :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Karli
Sent to: [hidden email]