VS2017 runner with /std:c++latest

Boost - Testing mailing list
Hi,

Do we have a runner that compiles with /std:c++latest ?

Thanks!
Raffi

Re: VS2017 runner with /std:c++latest

Boost - Testing mailing list
Le 17.05.17 à 09:46, Raffi Enficiaud via Boost-Testing a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Do we have a runner that compiles with /std:c++latest ?
>
> Thanks!
> Raffi

Anyone?

Le 06.06.17 à 23:15, Tom Kent via Boost-Testing a écrit :
> I was literally just trying to get a runner going with that last night.
> However I was having problems with b2 getting the necessary compiler
> flag. Do you have an example user-config.jam file that you've gotten
> working with it?

... I never use the user-config.jam :) Right now, I have an agent
running continuous builds for boost.test using this:

b2 toolset=msvc-14.1 cxxflags="/std:c++latest"

and I checked with C++17 non-compatible code, it seems to work ok.

I do not know if this is of any help :)

Raffi

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 4:15 PM, Tom Kent via Boost-Testing <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was literally just trying to get a runner going with that last night. However I was having problems with b2 getting the necessary compiler flag. Do you have an example user-config.jam file that you've gotten working with it?

Something this simple should work:

using msvc : 14.1 : : <cxxflags>/std:c++latest ;

And it's what I use for Predef (through the common CI test scripts).

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: VS2017 runner with /std:c++latest

Boost - Testing mailing list
I already had a

using msvc : 14.1 ;

In my file, so I tried to add another line:

using msvc : 14.1~latest : C:\Prog..[long path]\bin\cl.exe : <address-model>64 <cxxflags>/std:c++latest ;

But that seemed to cause issues with the regression.py script, it didn't like the ~, which is odd because it works fine with my linux configs that do versions like that.

I'll give the manual entry a try and see if that works.
Tom

On 6/7/2017 6:06 PM, Tom Kent via Boost-Testing wrote:
> I already had a
>
> using msvc : 14.1 ;
>
> In my file, so I tried to add another line:
>
> using msvc : 14.1~latest : C:\Prog..[long path]\bin\cl.exe :
> <address-model>64 <cxxflags>/std:c++latest ;

Try

using msvc : 14.1c17 : : <cxxflags>/std:c++latest ;

and invoke as toolset=msvc-14.1c17

This works for me.