Using Spirit library for loading objects from XML

Using Spirit library for loading objects from XML

Catalin Pitis
Hi *

I am looking to implement some kind of persistence of objects using
XML (only simple tags), and I'm wondering whether I can use Spirit
library for that. For example, I have the following file:

<MyAggregation SomeAttribute="value">
   <MyAggregated>Some Value</MyAggregated>
</MyAggregation>

I know how to implement the parser for getting the structure, so
that's not an issue. However, I need a second pass, through the
extracted structure, in order to validate it and build the objects.

Is this possible by using spirit, or do I have to implement my own
library for that?

Thank you,

Catalin

Re: Using Spirit library for loading objects from XML

Robert Ramey
FYI - the serialization libary uses spirit for parsing XML.

Robert Ramey

Catalin Pitis wrote:

> Hi *
>
> I am looking to implement some kind of persistence of objects using
> XML (only simple tags), and I'm wondering whether I can use Spirit
> library for that. For example, I have the following file:
>
> <MyAggregation SomeAttribute="value">
>   <MyAggregated>Some Value</MyAggregated>
> </MyAggregation>
>
> I know how to implement the parser for getting the structure, so
> that's not an issue. However, I need a second pass, through the
> extracted structure, in order to validate it and build the objects.
>
> Is this possible by using spirit, or do I have to implement my own
> library for that?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Catalin

Re: Using Spirit library for loading objects from XML

Catalin Pitis
Thanks for the information. I will take a look in the serialization code.

Catalin