Tools to manage multiple repositories effectively?

Tools to manage multiple repositories effectively?

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello, I am looking for tools that would allow me to create a portal and/or
monitor the following properties of boost repositories.  I am in the CMT
and at least one fix that was in develop never made it into master for the
1.68.0 release, so I want to be able to see, at a glance, information about
the boost repositories I care about in one place.  There are about 20
repositories I regularly participate in now so a portal to show what I need
to worry about would be useful.

1. How far behind is master (with respect to develop)?

This would help identify which repositories are behind develop.  Useful for
ensuring things get into a release.

2. How many open pull requests?
3. How many new pull requests (within the last week)?
4. How many updated pull requests (within the last week)?
5. How many open issues?
6. How many new issues (within the last week)?
7. How many updated issues (within the last week)?

"week" could be configured, perhaps month, or "since I last visited".

Anybody know of any good tools or perhaps an existing site that can do this
for a multi-repository solution?

Thanks,

Jim

Re: Tools to manage multiple repositories effectively?

Boost - Dev mailing list

Are all repos @github?

> 1. How far behind is master (with respect to develop)?

Does the master / develop split make sense at all?

> This would help identify which repositories are behind develop.  Useful for
> ensuring things get into a release.
>
> 2. How many open pull requests?
> 3. How many new pull requests (within the last week)?
> 4. How many updated pull requests (within the last week)?
> 5. How many open issues?
> 6. How many new issues (within the last week)?
> 7. How many updated issues (within the last week)?
>
> "week" could be configured, perhaps month, or "since I last visited".
>
> Anybody know of any good tools or perhaps an existing site that can do this
> for a multi-repository solution?

I'm not aware of something, but doesn't github provide views for all
repos you have access to?

If not, a feature request to them might make sense.

--
Olaf

James E. King III wrote:

> Hello, I am looking for tools that would allow me to create a portal
> and/or monitor the following properties of boost repositories.  I am in
> the CMT and at least one fix that was in develop never made it into master
> for the 1.68.0 release, so I want to be able to see, at a glance,
> information about the boost repositories I care about in one place.  There
> are about 20 repositories I regularly participate in now so a portal to
> show what I need to worry about would be useful.
>
> 1. How far behind is master (with respect to develop)?
>
> This would help identify which repositories are behind develop.  Useful
> for ensuring things get into a release.

What I did recently to track develop/master may be of interest:

https://travis-ci.org/pdimov/merge-reminder

This is an extraordinary simple Travis script that is nevertheless quite
useful:

https://github.com/pdimov/merge-reminder/blob/master/.travis.yml

You just add a Travis cron job and are good to go.