Threading feature default

Boost - Build mailing list
What is the default for the <threading> feature, "single" or "multi"?  I
would actually like to know the answer to this in two contexts:

1. For Boost.Build in general (i.e., as a general build tool that I use
for my own projects), and

2. In the build infrastructure of the Boost libraries themselves?

Thanks,

Ian

Re: Threading feature default

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 08/30/2018 07:16 AM, Ian Emmons via Boost-build wrote:
> What is the default for the <threading> feature, "single" or "multi"?  I
> would actually like to know the answer to this in two contexts:
>
> 1. For Boost.Build in general (i.e., as a general build tool that I use
> for my own projects), and

The default is <threading>single, but some toolsets,
such as msvc, forcibly override this, when there is
no single threaded configuration.

> 2. In the build infrastructure of the Boost libraries themselves?

Boost explicitly sets the default to <threading>multi.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

On 2018-08-30 09:41, Steven Watanabe via Boost-build wrote:

> AMDG
>
> On 08/30/2018 07:16 AM, Ian Emmons via Boost-build wrote:
>> What is the default for the <threading> feature, "single" or "multi"?
>> would actually like to know the answer to this in two contexts:
>>
>> 1. For Boost.Build in general (i.e., as a general build tool that I
>> use
>> for my own projects), and
>
> The default is <threading>single, but some toolsets,
> such as msvc, forcibly override this, when there is
> no single threaded configuration.
>
>> 2. In the build infrastructure of the Boost libraries themselves?
>
> Boost explicitly sets the default to <threading>multi.

I suspected the answer might have multiple layers.  Thanks!