Thread Pool example

I currently use boost (1.60) for my program and would like to have a
part of it multithreaded (the creation of icons in a file requester).
I would like to create those with a thread pool.  I am currently using
gcc 4.6.3, which is not yet c++11 compatible.

I found no documentation on the usage of boost/thread/thread_pool.hpp so
I turn to the list.  Does anyone have an example of a thread pool with
boost threads.

Thanks in advance,

--
Gonzalo Garramuño

Re: Thread Pool example

Boost - Users mailing list
On Sun, Apr 9, 2017 at 11:19 PM, Gonzalo Garramuño via Boost-users

> I currently use boost (1.60) for my program and would like to have a part of
> it multithreaded (the creation of icons in a file requester).   I would like
> to create those with a thread pool.  I am currently using gcc 4.6.3, which
> is not yet c++11 compatible.
>
> I found no documentation on the usage of boost/thread/thread_pool.hpp so I
> turn to the list.  Does anyone have an example of a thread pool with boost
> threads.
>
> Thanks in advance,

I think this old recipe is what you are looking for.
http://think-async.com/Asio/Recipes?skin=clean.nat,asio,pattern#A_thread_pool_for_executing_arbi

Re: Thread Pool example

You can have a look at this:

https://github.com/iszczesniak/perfor/blob/master/include/sim.hpp

On 09.04.2017 23:19, Gonzalo Garramuño via Boost-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I currently use boost (1.60) for my program and would like to have a
> part of it multithreaded (the creation of icons in a file
> requester).   I would like to create those with a thread pool.  I am
> currently using gcc 4.6.3, which is not yet c++11 compatible.
>
> I found no documentation on the usage of boost/thread/thread_pool.hpp
> so I turn to the list.  Does anyone have an example of a thread pool
> with boost threads.
>
> Thanks in advance,

Re: Thread Pool example

El 10/04/17 a las 06:59, Paolo Bolzoni escribió:

> I think this old recipe is what you are looking for.
> http://think-async.com/Asio/Recipes?skin=clean.nat,asio,pattern#A_thread_pool_for_executing_arbi
Thank you.  I think this will work perfectly.