Tests naming in Jamfile

Boost - Testing mailing list
Hi,

I'm updating Jamfile-s of Boost.GIL and it made me wondering:

For example:

test-suite "boost-gil-test" :
    [ run promote_integral.cpp ]
    ;

Apart from replacing the deprecated test-suite with alias,
I wonder what is the recommended policy of naming the test suites.
Is it completely up to library maintainers or are there any rules?

boost-{lib}-{testname}
{lib}-{testname}
{testname}

or just whatever?

I could not find anything in the development guidelines
and the testing policy docs.

Re: Tests naming in Jamfile

Boost - Testing mailing list
On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 at 11:51, Mateusz Loskot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm updating Jamfile-s of Boost.GIL and it made me wondering:
>
> For example:
>
> test-suite "boost-gil-test" :
>     [ run promote_integral.cpp ]
>     ;
>
> Apart from replacing the deprecated test-suite with alias,
> I wonder what is the recommended policy of naming the test suites.
> Is it completely up to library maintainers or are there any rules?

I've realised [1] I posted my question to the wrong mailing list, correct?

Is boost-build ml the right place? Or just the boost?

[1] https://lists.boost.org/boost-testing/2018/09/8439.php