[Test] Option to display warnings

Loïc Joly-3
Hello everybody,

I recently introduced in some test code in a program bulit with the Test
Execution Monitor:

BOOST_WARN_EQUAL(offset1, offset2);

Allthough the offsets were different, I could not see any messages even
when I launched the program with --log_level=warnings

I add to scale up the log_level to --log_level=test_suite in order to be
able to see it. Is this the desired behaviour ?

--
Loïc

Re: [Test] Option to display warnings

Gennadiy Rozental
> I recently introduced in some test code in a program bulit with the Test
> Execution Monitor:
>
> BOOST_WARN_EQUAL(offset1, offset2);
>

> Allthough the offsets were different, I could not see any messages even
> when I launched the program with --log_level=warnings

isn't it --log_level=warning?

Gennadiy

Re: [Test] Option to display warnings

Johan Nilsson-4
Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

>> I recently introduced in some test code in a program bulit with the
>> Test Execution Monitor:
>>
>> BOOST_WARN_EQUAL(offset1, offset2);
>>

>> Allthough the offsets were different, I could not see any messages
>> even when I launched the program with --log_level=warnings
>
> isn't it --log_level=warning?

A similar thing happened to me yesterday. I tried some option that didn't
work, until I realized I misspelled the value.

Would it be possible to update the cla (and perhaps the env stuff) part to
at least output a warning when an unknown value is assigned to an option? I
don't know whether the cla/env parts are intended to be customizable, but
even if this is the fact - it should be doable.

Regards // Johan

Re: [Test] Option to display warnings

Gennadiy Rozental

> Would it be possible to update the cla (and perhaps the env stuff) part to
> at least output a warning when an unknown value is assigned to an option?
> I don't know whether the cla/env parts are intended to be customizable,
> but even if this is the fact - it should be doable.

Yes this was plan for this release. One of the major things holing me is
need to support somehow old compilers. Neither MSVC6.5 nor gcc 2.95 nor
Borland is able to compile staff I have wrote. Now I either need to wait
till they are deprecated or need to support 2 independent subsystem for
CLA/ENV processing one for old compilers one for new. And these is not a
tiny subsystem.

Gennadiy

Gennadiy Rozental a écrit :

>>I recently introduced in some test code in a program bulit with the Test
>>Execution Monitor:
>>
>>BOOST_WARN_EQUAL(offset1, offset2);
>>

>>Allthough the offsets were different, I could not see any messages even
>>when I launched the program with --log_level=warnings
>

> isn't it --log_level=warning?

Well, it is so indeed. The bug is in the doc, then :
http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/utf/parameters/log_level.html

messages      should be replaced in the doc by message
warnings      should be replaced in the doc by warning
all_error     should be replaced in the doc by error
system_errors should be replaced in the doc by system_error
fatal_errors  should be replaced in the doc by fatal_error

Loïc

Re: [Test] Option to display warnings

Gennadiy Rozental
> Well, it is so indeed. The bug is in the doc, then :
> http://www.boost.org/libs/test/doc/components/utf/parameters/log_level.html

Yep. Fixed in cvs right after release.

Gennadiy