Target notation question

Boost - Build mailing list
What is the correct target-id notation for a target in a jamfile in a
specific directory ? Is it the same as the notation for a target in a
specific project ?

Let us say I have a jamfile in the xxx/yyy relative directory from where
I invoke b2, with a target in that jamfile called aaa. Is the correct
notation for that target when invoking b2:

b2 /xxx/yyy//aaa

?

If not what is the correct target-id notation for the situation above ?

Re: Target notation question

Boost - Build mailing list
On 9/19/2020 10:44 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:

> What is the correct target-id notation for a target in a jamfile in a
> specific directory ? Is it the same as the notation for a target in a
> specific project ?
>
> Let us say I have a jamfile in the xxx/yyy relative directory from where
> I invoke b2, with a target in that jamfile called aaa. Is the correct
> notation for that target when invoking b2:
>
> b2 /xxx/yyy//aaa
>
> ?
>
> If not what is the correct target-id notation for the situation above ?

After reading the docs further I am pretty sure the answer is the notation:

b2 xxx/yyy//aaa

Sorry for the noise.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 9:50 PM Edward Diener via Boost-build <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 9/19/2020 10:44 PM, Edward Diener via Boost-build wrote:
> What is the correct target-id notation for a target in a jamfile in a
> specific directory ? Is it the same as the notation for a target in a
> specific project ?
>
> Let us say I have a jamfile in the xxx/yyy relative directory from where
> I invoke b2, with a target in that jamfile called aaa. Is the correct
> notation for that target when invoking b2:
>
> b2 /xxx/yyy//aaa
>
> ?
>
> If not what is the correct target-id notation for the situation above ?

After reading the docs further I am pretty sure the answer is the notation:

b2 xxx/yyy//aaa

Yes. "b2 ./xxx/yyy//aaa" would also work. Or any other relative path reference follow by "//aaa".

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada