Surprising results testing serialization library

Surprising results testing serialization library

Boost - Testing mailing list
I've been watching the develop/master test matrices for the
serialization library.  It seems that all on 05 December I started to
get some new test failures.  These are it "test check",test_load_fail,
test_traits_fail and test_not_serializable.

A common factor in all these tests are that they are tests which are
meant to fail and are marked accordingly int the test Jamfile.v2.  That
is the tests are indeed failing, but instead of showing up as "Passed. I
don't think its the Jamfile, and in fact it hasn't been altered since 24
November.  I don't think it's any recent code changes either.  I've
looked through the code in the serialization library as well as mpl and
BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT and don't see any issues.  It does look like Boost
Build has been altered recently but I can't really know for sure.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Robert Ramey

Re: Surprising results testing serialization library

Boost - Testing mailing list
AMDG

On 12/06/2017 08:32 AM, Robert Ramey via Boost-Testing wrote:

> I've been watching the develop/master test matrices for the
> serialization library.  It seems that all on 05 December I started to
> get some new test failures.  These are it "test check",test_load_fail,
> test_traits_fail and test_not_serializable.
>
> A common factor in all these tests are that they are tests which are
> meant to fail and are marked accordingly int the test Jamfile.v2.  That
> is the tests are indeed failing, but instead of showing up as "Passed. I
> don't think its the Jamfile, and in fact it hasn't been altered since 24
> November.  I don't think it's any recent code changes either.  I've
> looked through the code in the serialization library as well as mpl and
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT and don't see any issues.  It does look like Boost
> Build has been altered recently but I can't really know for sure.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?

I'm looking into it.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Surprising results testing serialization library

Boost - Testing mailing list
AMDG

On 12/06/2017 08:32 AM, Robert Ramey via Boost-Testing wrote:

> I've been watching the develop/master test matrices for the
> serialization library.  It seems that all on 05 December I started to
> get some new test failures.  These are it "test check",test_load_fail,
> test_traits_fail and test_not_serializable.
>
> A common factor in all these tests are that they are tests which are
> meant to fail and are marked accordingly int the test Jamfile.v2.  That
> is the tests are indeed failing, but instead of showing up as "Passed. I
> don't think its the Jamfile, and in fact it hasn't been altered since 24
> November.  I don't think it's any recent code changes either.  I've
> looked through the code in the serialization library as well as mpl and
> BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT and don't see any issues.  It does look like Boost
> Build has been altered recently but I can't really know for sure.
>
> Does anyone know anything about this?

  I think it's caused by an accidental change
to the b2 output, that causes process_jam_log
to misinterpret it.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe