Status of X3?

Mario Lang
Hi.

I have two branches in my project, master uses V2, and "x3" contains a
rewrite of all my grammars using X3.  I am wondering when to switch over
to my X3 based implementation.  AIUI, Boost 1.60 is going to be the
first Boost release with an X3-version that has all the fixes which
landed in summer 2015 in deveop.  Is 1.60 the version to depend on if
someone wants to early-adopt X3?  Or should I wait a little longer, in
case there are still disruptive changes planned?

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕

Re: Status of X3?

Joel de Guzman
On 12/10/15 11:11 PM, Mario Lang wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have two branches in my project, master uses V2, and "x3" contains a
> rewrite of all my grammars using X3.  I am wondering when to switch over
> to my X3 based implementation.  AIUI, Boost 1.60 is going to be the
> first Boost release with an X3-version that has all the fixes which
> landed in summer 2015 in deveop.  Is 1.60 the version to depend on if
> someone wants to early-adopt X3?  Or should I wait a little longer, in
> case there are still disruptive changes planned?

Unless I missed something, all of develop has been merged to master now.
X3 should sit side by side qi now, no? There might still be some disruptive
changes still, and the reason for the 'x', as in experimental.

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: Status of X3?

Ernest Zaslavsky
Apropos X3 status...
Is it supposed to work with Visual Studio 2015 Update 1?