[Spirit2X] Qi + Karma = trouble

Francois Barel
When including both Qi and Karma headers in the same file, I get:

.../karma/meta_compiler.hpp:176: error: redefinition of
        'struct boost::spirit::make_unary_composite<Elements, Parser>'
.../qi/meta_compiler.hpp:177: error: previous definition of
        'struct boost::spirit::make_unary_composite<Elements, Parser>'

and the same pair for make_binary_composite and make_nary_composite.

Those 3 structs are not domain-specific, yet both Qi and Karma define
them (identically) in namespace boost::spirit. Should they be moved
into support/meta_compiler.hpp, to be defined only once?

Thanks,
Fran├žois

Re: [Spirit2X] Qi + Karma = trouble

Hartmut Kaiser
> When including both Qi and Karma headers in the same file, I get:
>
> .../karma/meta_compiler.hpp:176: error: redefinition of
>         'struct boost::spirit::make_unary_composite<Elements, Parser>'
> .../qi/meta_compiler.hpp:177: error: previous definition of
>         'struct boost::spirit::make_unary_composite<Elements, Parser>'
>
> and the same pair for make_binary_composite and make_nary_composite.
>

> Those 3 structs are not domain-specific, yet both Qi and Karma define
> them (identically) in namespace boost::spirit. Should they be moved
> into support/meta_compiler.hpp, to be defined only once?

Ohhh. That's my fault!
Fixed in SVN :-P

Do you have some examples where you want to use both parts? Something you
could share?

Thanks!
Regards Hartmut

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> Do you have some examples where you want to use both parts? Something you
> could share?

Actually no... it was just a mistake where I included karma_char.hpp
instead of qi_char.hpp in a file already using Qi and I got the error
:p

Thanks,
Fran├žois