Spirit 1.6.4 & 1.8.5

Nicola Musatti
Hallo,
I hope to be able to start working on these releases some time next
week. Given the current intention of issuing Boost 1.34.1 very soon I
plan to start by tagging the releases in CVS, leave them there for a few
days in case someone feels like testing them and then if 1.34.1 really
appears to be close wait for it, otherwise I'll assemble the releases
against 1.34.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Re: Spirit 1.6.4 & 1.8.5

Martin Wille
Nicola Musatti wrote:

> I hope to be able to start working on these releases some time next
> week. Given the current intention of issuing Boost 1.34.1 very soon I
> plan to start by tagging the releases in CVS, leave them there for a few
> days in case someone feels like testing them and then if 1.34.1 really
> appears to be close wait for it, otherwise I'll assemble the releases
> against 1.34.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds fine.

Re: Spirit 1.6.4 & 1.8.5

Joel de Guzman-2
Martin Wille wrote:

> Nicola Musatti wrote:
>
>> I hope to be able to start working on these releases some time next
>> week. Given the current intention of issuing Boost 1.34.1 very soon I
>> plan to start by tagging the releases in CVS, leave them there for a few
>> days in case someone feels like testing them and then if 1.34.1 really
>> appears to be close wait for it, otherwise I'll assemble the releases
>> against 1.34.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Sounds fine.

Ditto :-) Thanks a zillion!

Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com
http://spirit.sf.net

Re: Spirit 1.6.4 & 1.8.5

Nicola Musatti
Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Hallo,
> I hope to be able to start working on these releases some time next
> week. Given the current intention of issuing Boost 1.34.1 very soon I
> plan to start by tagging the releases in CVS, leave them there for a few
> days in case someone feels like testing them and then if 1.34.1 really
> appears to be close wait for it, otherwise I'll assemble the releases
> against 1.34.

I'm slowly starting, but I already have a change of plan: I realized
that I do need to introduce a branch for 1.8.x after all. This will hold
the top-level-dir where readme files are kept which would otherwise
interfere with Boost 1.34.x and an updated version.hpp file, as I forgot
to bump the version number before the RC_1_34_0 branch was frozen for
release. I plan to call this branch SPIRIT_1_8 in analogy with the
existing SPIRIT_1_6 branch. I sincerely hope that this branch will be
very short-lived :-)

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti