[Signals2] Deprecated header warning VS2017 Boost 1.74

[Signals2] Deprecated header warning VS2017 Boost 1.74

Just upgraded to Boost 1.74 from Boost 1.71. I'm getting a warning:

c:\releases\lib\boost\boost_1_74_0\include\boost\function_output_iterator.hpp(14): note: This header is deprecated. Use <boost/iterator/function_output_iterator.hpp> instead.

from this MWE:

#include <boost/signals2/signal.hpp>

int main()

I'll have to #define BOOST_ALLOW_DEPRECATED_HEADERS I guess, but I'm surprised Boost libraries are using deprecated Boost headers.

Regards,

Pete

Re: [Signals2] Deprecated header warning VS2017 Boost 1.74

Boost - Users mailing list
On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 10:06 PM Peter Barker via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just upgraded to Boost 1.74 from Boost 1.71. I'm getting a warning:

FWIW, we also recently upgraded to 1.74 (from 1.72), and started seeing similar warnings.
I fixed one in our own sources, but indeed some of those new warnings didn't go away,
and I couldn't track them down in our own code. So you seem to confirm they come from Boost itself. --DD

Re: [Signals2] Deprecated header warning VS2017 Boost 1.74

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 1:07 PM Peter Barker via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Just upgraded to Boost 1.74 from Boost 1.71. I'm getting a warning:

I'll have to #define BOOST_ALLOW_DEPRECATED_HEADERS I guess, but I'm surprised Boost libraries are using deprecated Boost headers.

So for sure submit a github issue if there isn't one -- even better is a pull request with a fix.  Overall when I've been looking at release candidates I've routinely seen many of these sort of issues -- some have been fixed, but not all of them.

Jeff

On Sat, 24 Oct 2020 at 01:46, Jeff Garland via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 1:07 PM Peter Barker via Boost-users <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Just upgraded to Boost 1.74 from Boost 1.71. I'm getting a warning:

I'll have to #define BOOST_ALLOW_DEPRECATED_HEADERS I guess, but I'm surprised Boost libraries are using deprecated Boost headers.

So for sure submit a github issue if there isn't one -- even better is a pull request with a fix.  Overall when I've been looking at release candidates I've routinely seen many of these sort of issues -- some have been fixed, but not all of them.

Jeff

Hi,

I'm not a github user or a Boost developer, merely a user. I thought by raising it on the mailing list it'd be picked up by a maintainer and taken care of. Am I mistaken? Happy to learn what is expected from users of Boost who find issues, and whether the expectations vary depending on the Boost library in question.

Regards,

Pete

Re: [Signals2] Deprecated header warning VS2017 Boost 1.74

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 4:06 PM Peter Barker via Boost-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just upgraded to Boost 1.74 from Boost 1.71. I'm getting a warning:
>
> c:\releases\lib\boost\boost_1_74_0\include\boost\function_output_iterator.hpp(14): note: This header is deprecated. Use <boost/iterator/function_output_iterator.hpp> instead.

This has already been fixed, but it was not merged to master until
after the 1.74 release.