Shallow Hal Needs A Gal!

Boost - Dev mailing list
And Boost.JSON needs a review manager!

Vinnie

Follow me on GitHub: https://github.com/vinniefalco

Re: Shallow Hal Needs A Gal!

Boost - Dev mailing list
I can do it if no one else wants to do it.

- Chris

Re: Shallow Hal Needs A Gal!

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 at 07:01, Christian Mazakas via Boost
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can do it if no one else wants to do it.

Awesome!

Please, agree with Vinnie on dates of the 10 days review period,
not clashing with already scheduled reviews
https://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html
and let me know.

Re: Shallow Hal Needs A Gal!

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:00 PM Christian Mazakas
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I can do it if no one else wants to do it.

While this offer from Christian to act as review manager for
Boost.JSON is gracious, I must politely decline. Christian has an
insufficient history of participation on the mailing list, and has not
demonstrated the gravitas needed for reviewing a library of this
significance. However I believe that if Christian can participate more
frequently and on a deeper level in mailing list topics, and can show
that he has internalized the good engineering and design principles
that are hallmarks of Boost libraries, there may be hope. Perhaps
after a time we can revisit Christian as review manager of a smaller
library.

Regards

Re: Shallow Hal Needs A Gal!

Boost - Dev mailing list
I respect Vinnie's opinion and decision and instead look forward to being a
reviewer of Boost.JSON.

I'm a huge fan of Beast and Vinnie's tutelage has been paramount in me
understanding Asio and async low-level networking.

I offered to manage his review because we've known each other via slack for
a good amount of time and I wanted to do him a solid.

I'm happy that a suitable review manager was found and that a review has
been scheduled. I look forward to the future discussions!

- Chris