[Serialization] boost/strong_typedef.hpp vs. boost/serialization/strong_typedef.hpp

[Serialization] boost/strong_typedef.hpp vs. boost/serialization/strong_typedef.hpp

Jonathan Jones
Hi folks,

Does anyone know why boost/strong_typedef.hpp still exists with real content?  Several years back, the version in the trunk was stubbed out:

http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/strong_typedef.hpp

but this change has not made it into any release.

The version in serialization, however, is still being updated.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Jones

Re: [Serialization] boost/strong_typedef.hpp vs. boost/serialization/strong_typedef.hpp

Robert Ramey
I believe I've removed the boost/ version from the development branch

I'll double check that it's removed from master

Re: [Serialization] boost/strong_typedef.hpp vs. boost/serialization/strong_typedef.hpp

Jonathan Jones

>I believe I've removed the boost/ version from the development branch
>
>I'll double check that it's removed from master

To clarify, are you removing the file entirely, or stubbing it out?

If you are stubbing it out, would you mind pointing me to the version you
submitted so I can patch my local copy?

Thanks,
Jonathan Jones

Re: [Serialization] boost/strong_typedef.hpp vs. boost/serialization/strong_typedef.hpp

Robert Ramey
Jonathan Jones wrote
>I believe I've removed the boost/ version from the development branch
>
>I'll double check that it's removed from master

To clarify, are you removing the file entirely, or stubbing it out?

I'm not sure what "stubbing it out" means.  But I am removing it.
So anywhere you have

#include <boost/strong_typedef.h>

should be replaced with

#include <boost/serialization/strong_typedef.hpp>