Quantcast

Serialization and std::move

Brian Wood-7
B"H

I'm doing some research.  I grep'ed through the 1.43 version of the
libs/serialization directories for uses of std::move and didn't find any.
I also looked at the "To Do" section of the documentation and didn't
find any mention of move semantics.  Does Boost Serialization take
advantage of std::move to improve the performance of it's load
operations?  Something like the following:

  template <typename B>
  void
  Receive(B* buf, vector<deque<string> >& abt1)
  {
    uint32_t headCount[2];
    buf->Give(headCount[0]);
    abt1.reserve(abt1.size() + headCount[0]);
    while (headCount[0] > 0) {
      --headCount[0];
      deque<lil_string> rep4;
      buf->Give(headCount[1]);