Sandia darwin appears to be running clang

Sandia darwin appears to be running clang

Daniel James-3
Hi,

I was just checking the compilers for the release notes. The Sandia
darwin tester is running clang, I think it's meant to be gcc?

http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/output/Sandia-darwin-c++11-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-darwin-4-2-1-debug.html

Re: [EXTERNAL] Sandia darwin appears to be running clang

Belcourt, Kenneth
Hi Daniel,

I’m running both clang and gcc tests on Mac.  The darwin-4.2.1 tester is the gcc tester. Boost build refers to this toolset as darwin-4.2.1, rather than gcc-4.2.1 (i.e. refers to it by platform rather than compiler).

Does that answer your question?

Noel

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 12:37 AM, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was just checking the compilers for the release notes. The Sandia
> darwin tester is running clang, I think it's meant to be gcc?
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/output/Sandia-darwin-c++11-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-darwin-4-2-1-debug.html

Re: [EXTERNAL] Sandia darwin appears to be running clang

Daniel James-3
Look at the test result I linked to, it's the output of config_info.
It's the darwin tests, the command is g++, but in the output the
compiler is: "Clang version 7.0.2 (clang-700.1.81)", and the library
is 'libc++ version 1101'. So it looks like the g++ executable is
actually clang.

On 8 November 2016 at 00:18, Belcourt, Kenneth <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I’m running both clang and gcc tests on Mac.  The darwin-4.2.1 tester is the gcc tester. Boost build refers to this toolset as darwin-4.2.1, rather than gcc-4.2.1 (i.e. refers to it by platform rather than compiler).
>
> Does that answer your question?
>
> Noel
>
>> On Nov 7, 2016, at 12:37 AM, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was just checking the compilers for the release notes. The Sandia
>> darwin tester is running clang, I think it's meant to be gcc?
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/output/Sandia-darwin-c++11-boost-bin-v2-libs-config-test-config_info-test-darwin-4-2-1-debug.html

Re: [EXTERNAL] Sandia darwin appears to be running clang

Belcourt, Kenneth

> On Nov 7, 2016, at 7:00 PM, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Look at the test result I linked to, it's the output of config_info.
> It's the darwin tests, the command is g++, but in the output the
> compiler is: "Clang version 7.0.2 (clang-700.1.81)", and the library
> is 'libc++ version 1101'. So it looks like the g++ executable is
> actually clang.

Well, I think this is correct.  It’s just a stock Apple / Xcode install so I believe that g++ is correctly reporting it’s dependencies.  A quick look shows that g++ by default uses "-stdlib=libc++", so that’s not an error.

Noel