SHELL rule on cygwin

Chris Hoeppler
Hello,

during my first steps using BBv2 on cygwin I encountered the following problem:
When using

SHELL "some_prog args" ;

I get a windows error due to the fact that the shell command is executed by the
DOS command prompt instead of by the cygwin shell. Any pointers on how to
get "some_prog" executed in the cygwin shell when bjam is invoked on cygwin?

Thanks
Chris

Re: SHELL rule on cygwin

Rene Rivera
Chris Hoeppler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> during my first steps using BBv2 on cygwin I encountered the following problem:
> When using
>
> SHELL "some_prog args" ;
>
> I get a windows error due to the fact that the shell command is executed by the
> DOS command prompt instead of by the cygwin shell. Any pointers on how to
> get "some_prog" executed in the cygwin shell when bjam is invoked on cygwin?

SHELL "/path/to/bash -c some_prog args" ;

??

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything