Run target dependency on exe without getting transitive usage requirements

Run target dependency on exe without getting transitive usage requirements

Boost - Build mailing list
I have a run target that needs to wait until an exe is built before it runs. When I pass it as <dependency> it adds all the exe's usage
requirements (almost all of which are propagated from the exe's own lib dependencies) to the run target. How do I avoid that? Is this by
design? Shouldn't depending on an exe only propagate the exe's own usage-requirements, not any transitive usage-requirements?

Thanks,
-Matt