[Review][Chrono] Boost.Chrono has been ACCEPTED into Boost
I am pleased to announce that Boost.Chrono has been ACCEPTED into
There were a reasonable number of reviews this time, and they were
unanimous that Boost.Chrono should be accepted. Boost.Chrono provides
the time facilities from the upcoming C++0x standard, so is an
important base library.
A few changes were requested by the reviewers which should be
addressed before this library appears in a Boost release. I know that
Vicente has already started working on some of these. The requested
* The documentation needs revising to ensure everything is documented,
and it is clear which time source is used for each clock type
* The use of double underscores in identifiers should be stopped ---
such identifiers are reserved for the implementation.
* chrono::monotonic_clock will need renaming chrono::steady_clock to
match the C++0x draft
* the is_monotonic member of the clock types will need renaming
is_steady to match the C++0x draft
* Remove operator/ for dividing by a duration
* Include examples for I/O in non-English languages
* Remove "#if 0" blocks
* Address all the "TODO" items in the source
* Check the license on the time parsing code, and reimplement if the
license is incompatible
Apologies to the reviewers if I've missed anything.
I would like to thank Vicente for submitting the library and those that
took the time to write a review.