Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
Dear Sir/Ma'am,
It would be great if you could review my GSOC proposal for [Boost
multiprecision]: New Big-Double Backend Types

Doc link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xznSxg1XcAiQMnVXSMG_NwxuUeGmkI5iXhabSXe_WuQ/edit?usp=sharing

I deeply regret and apologize for the late submission, but I request you to
review it once as it will surely help me to update it in required ways.

With regards
Suyash Srivastava
IIT(ISM) Dhanbad




--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
Dear Suyash,

At a very very quick look, your proposal looks promising.

Due to the tight scheduling today, my sincere advice is for you to submit your proposal. Please be sure to mark the draft as final before the deadline. Your proposal is solid and you seem like a capable applicant. So please do not delay to mark your proposal as final. You are a bit late, but if you submit as I think you should, you will be in the game. GSOC you know, It is a highly competitive selection process. Good luck and stay safe you and those you care for.

We will consider your application as we consider all good applications. The deadline has not yet passed.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 30. Mar 2020, at 10:40, suyashtava via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir/Ma'am,
> It would be great if you could review my GSOC proposal for [Boost
> multiprecision]: New Big-Double Backend Types
>
> Doc link:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xznSxg1XcAiQMnVXSMG_NwxuUeGmkI5iXhabSXe_WuQ/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I deeply regret and apologize for the late submission, but I request you to
> review it once as it will surely help me to update it in required ways.
>
> With regards
> Suyash Srivastava
> IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi,

I would like to point out that certain parts in this proposal have been
copied out from my proposal without my permission (especially in the part of
previous work, e.g. "implemented a BigInteger class (and various number
theoretic algorithms)" and in the milestones format).





--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
 > ...certain parts in this proposal have been copied out from my> proposal without my permission (especially in the part of> previous work, e.g. "implemented a BigInteger class> (and various number theoretic algorithms)"
I'm not sure if I found one of the exact passages beingmentioned, however, taken without context, I believethe passages mentioned (when taken out of context) seemto be similar in wording.
It might be a coincidence. We will be looking at the entirecontent and the context of each application, also noting thetime of receiving the applications.
I advise no big changes to the existing proposals at this time.
Kind regards, Chris

   On Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 2:58:12 AM GMT+2, dim131 via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:  
 
 Hi,

I would like to point out that certain parts in this proposal have been
copied out from my proposal without my permission (especially in the part of
previous work, e.g. "implemented a BigInteger class (and various number
theoretic algorithms)" and in the milestones format).





--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
 

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
Boost - Dev mailing list wrote
> I would like to point out that certain parts in this proposal have been
> copied out from my proposal without my permission

Can you share all the parts where you think the OP has copied?

Because as Chris mentioned it could be a coincidence. In fact, it is quite
ordinary for students to write a big integer class themselves as it is
required in competitive programming which the OP says he does. I guess
Number Theoretic algorithms also include GCD, Prime Sieve, Primality testing
which again would have been implemented by any (competitive) programmer.

For all the points you'll mention, OP *should* submit some proof dated prior
to your submission of the proposal.



--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
   Hello dim131,
   I had gone through your proposal as a reference and I found the way of
   writing in milestone really nice. It could be the best way to
   demonstrate my workflow that's why opted it.
   And regarding the Biginteger class, I had implemented it on my own and
   had also provided the link for it.
   As I had taken look through your and many other proposals as well so
   their might be the case that writing style might feel similar, but as
   objected by you I had not made any big changes but had changed almost
   everything that might feel similar to yours.
   Though we are applying for different projects and I am sure that
   different projects requires different understanding, explanation and
   schedule, so it won't create any issue.
   Deep apologies to you if you found any of these things as wrong.
   With best regards
   Suyash Srivastava

   On 31 Mar 2020 06:27, dim131 via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:

     Hi,
     I would like to point out that certain parts in this proposal have
     been
     copied out from my proposal without my permission (especially in the
     part of
     previous work, e.g. "implemented a BigInteger class (and various
     number
     theoretic algorithms)" and in the milestones format).
     --
     Sent from:
     http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html
     _______________________________________________
     Unsubscribe & other changes:
     http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Request to review my GSoc Proposal[Boost multiprecision

Boost - Dev mailing list
In reply to this post by Boost - Dev mailing list
  >> I would like to point out that certain parts in this proposal have been>> copied out from my proposal without my permission
> Can you share all the parts where you think the OP has copied?> Because as Chris mentioned it could be a coincidence.
We could also handle the depths of the details of this discussionoff site, if that makes more sense?
David Bellot and I and a few others have already had somelimited communication regarding potential details of thispotential phenomenon off site.
Kind regards, Chris

    On Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 12:40:53 AM GMT+2, madhur4127 via Boost <[hidden email]> wrote:  
 
 Boost - Dev mailing list wrote
> I would like to point out that certain parts in this proposal have been
> copied out from my proposal without my permission

Can you share all the parts where you think the OP has copied?

Because as Chris mentioned it could be a coincidence. In fact, it is quite
ordinary for students to write a big integer class themselves as it is
required in competitive programming which the OP says he does. I guess
Number Theoretic algorithms also include GCD, Prime Sieve, Primality testing
which again would have been implemented by any (competitive) programmer.

For all the points you'll mention, OP *should* submit some proof dated prior
to your submission of the proposal.



--
Sent from: http://boost.2283326.n4.nabble.com/Boost-Dev-f2600599.html

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
 

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost