Release branch closed

Vladimir Prus-3

Boosters,

The release branch is now closed for all commits, except by explicit permission
of release managers.

-- The Release Managers,

     Beman Dawes
     Daniel James
     Eric Niebler
     Rene Rivera
     Vladimir Prus

Re: Release branch closed

Hartmut Kaiser
> The release branch is now closed for all commits, except by explicit
> permission
> of release managers.

In Spirit I have two low profile outstanding patches committed over the last
days to trunk. I'm just waiting for the tests to cycle. Would it be ok for
me to merge those?

Is it still possible to merge documentation changes?

Regards Hartmut

Re: Release branch closed

Matias Capeletto
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Hartmut Kaiser
<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The release branch is now closed for all commits, except by explicit
>> permission
>> of release managers.
>
> In Spirit I have two low profile outstanding patches committed over the last
> days to trunk. I'm just waiting for the tests to cycle. Would it be ok for
> me to merge those?

Same here, I have committed some patches during the weekend that solve
a few small issues in Boost.Bimap. I am waiting for the last compilers
reports. I will like to merge them in the release branch if everything
is ok by tonight. They are very safe fixes. Would it be possible to do
the merge?
Thanks a lot
Best regards
Matias

Re: Release branch closed

Vladimir Prus-3
Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

>> The release branch is now closed for all commits, except by explicit
>> permission
>> of release managers.
>
> In Spirit I have two low profile outstanding patches committed over the last
> days to trunk. I'm just waiting for the tests to cycle. Would it be ok for
> me to merge those?

It's hard to say without seeing the patches. Could you post them as diffs,
or as links to changesets in Trac?

(I guess I might not be the most qualified person to look at them, but
I hope other members of the release team will take a look).

> Is it still possible to merge documentation changes?

I believe that documentation changes are OK until making of the tarballs
start.

- Volodya

Re: Release branch closed

Vladimir Prus-3
Matias Capeletto wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Hartmut Kaiser
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The release branch is now closed for all commits, except by explicit
>>> permission
>>> of release managers.
>>
>> In Spirit I have two low profile outstanding patches committed over the last
>> days to trunk. I'm just waiting for the tests to cycle. Would it be ok for
>> me to merge those?
>
> Same here, I have committed some patches during the weekend that solve
> a few small issues in Boost.Bimap. I am waiting for the last compilers
> reports. I will like to merge them in the release branch if everything
> is ok by tonight. They are very safe fixes. Would it be possible to do
> the merge?

Please post the patches, or links to changesets in Trac, so that it's
possible to take a look.

- Volodya

Re: Release branch closed

Hartmut Kaiser
> >> The release branch is now closed for all commits, except by explicit

> >> permission
> >> of release managers.
> >
> > In Spirit I have two low profile outstanding patches committed over
> the last
> > days to trunk. I'm just waiting for the tests to cycle. Would it be
> ok for
> > me to merge those?
>
> It's hard to say without seeing the patches. Could you post them as
> diffs, or as links to changesets in Trac?
>
> (I guess I might not be the most qualified person to look at them, but
> I hope other members of the release team will take a look).
See attached file. The patches are really low profile and will not affect
any existing Boost code. They just fix bugs in the implementation.

> > Is it still possible to merge documentation changes?
>
> I believe that documentation changes are OK until making of the
> tarballs
> start.

Ok, understand.

Regards Hartmut

spirit.patch (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Release branch closed

Matias Capeletto
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Vladimir Prus
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Matias Capeletto wrote:
>> Same here, I have committed some patches during the weekend that solve
>> a few small issues in Boost.Bimap. I am waiting for the last compilers
>> reports. I will like to merge them in the release branch if everything
>> is ok by tonight. They are very safe fixes. Would it be possible to do
>> the merge?
>
> Please post the patches, or links to changesets in Trac, so that it's
> possible to take a look.

(*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58852
    m :: fix xpressive regression in GCC 4.4, ticket #3042
    Just add xp:: to dissambiguate xpressive construct

(*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58853
    m :: fix regressions in VC10, ticket #3573
    Just add boost:: to dissambiguate adressof

(*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58854
    m :: fix missing include headers, ticket #1521
    Some public headers were missing include headers if used alone

--------

(*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58855
    m :: fix count() constness, ticket #2484

(*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58856
    m :: fix custom allocators, ticket #3665
    [and]
    https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58891
    m :: fix context to complex for V7.1
    Just add some typedefs so V7.1 can cope with the code.

The last two in particular, are very simple but important fixes to the library.
Sorry about being this late. Thanks a lot
Regards
Matias

Re: Release branch closed

Daniel James
2010/1/12 Matias Capeletto <[hidden email]>:

> The last two in particular, are very simple but important fixes to the library.
> Sorry about being this late. Thanks a lot

These look fine to me.

Since it's a new feature, you should add a test for the allocator
support - it doesn't need to be complicated, just construct an
appropriate bimap. You could use the allocator from the multi_index
tests. But that isn't essential for this release.

Daniel

Re: Release branch closed

Matias Capeletto
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Daniel James <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2010/1/12 Matias Capeletto <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> The last two in particular, are very simple but important fixes to the library.
>> Sorry about being this late. Thanks a lot
>
> These look fine to me.

Thanks a lot for looking into them.

> Since it's a new feature, you should add a test for the allocator
> support - it doesn't need to be complicated, just construct an
> appropriate bimap. You could use the allocator from the multi_index
> tests. But that isn't essential for this release.

Totally, I could add an explicit test it for the next release so I do
not introduce more changes. Anyway, right now It is being tested
implicitly because it uses the allocator created as the default
parameter in each bimap being instantiated in the all other test
cases.

Thanks again
Best regards.
Matias

Re: Release branch closed

Eric Niebler-3
On 1/13/2010 1:29 AM, Matias Capeletto wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Vladimir Prus
> <[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> Matias Capeletto wrote:
>>> Same here, I have committed some patches during the weekend that solve
>>> a few small issues in Boost.Bimap. I am waiting for the last compilers
>>> reports. I will like to merge them in the release branch if everything
>>> is ok by tonight. They are very safe fixes. Would it be possible to do
>>> the merge?
>>
>> Please post the patches, or links to changesets in Trac, so that it's
>> possible to take a look.
>
> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58852
>      m :: fix xpressive regression in GCC 4.4, ticket #3042
>      Just add xp:: to dissambiguate xpressive construct
>
> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58853
>      m :: fix regressions in VC10, ticket #3573
>      Just add boost:: to dissambiguate adressof
>
> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58854
>      m :: fix missing include headers, ticket #1521
>      Some public headers were missing include headers if used alone
>
> --------
>
> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58855
>      m :: fix count() constness, ticket #2484

These look good. Please go ahead.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Re: Release branch closed

Eric Niebler-3
On 1/13/2010 1:08 AM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

>>> In Spirit I have two low profile outstanding patches committed
>>> over the last days to trunk. I'm just waiting for the tests to
>>> cycle. Would it be ok for me to merge those?
>>
>> It's hard to say without seeing the patches. Could you post them
>> as diffs, or as links to changesets in Trac?
>>
>> (I guess I might not be the most qualified person to look at them,
>> but I hope other members of the release team will take a look).
>
> See attached file. The patches are really low profile and will not
> affect any existing Boost code. They just fix bugs in the
> implementation.

OK, if the tests have cycled on main, go ahead and merge. Thanks.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing

Re: Release branch closed

Matias Capeletto
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Eric Niebler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Matias Capeletto wrote:
>> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58852
>> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58853
>> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58854
>> (*) https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/58855
>
> These look good. Please go ahead.

Thanks Eric,
Best regards
Matias

Re: Release branch closed

Hartmut Kaiser

> >> It's hard to say without seeing the patches. Could you post them
> >> as diffs, or as links to changesets in Trac?
> >>
> >> (I guess I might not be the most qualified person to look at them,
> >> but I hope other members of the release team will take a look).
> >
> > See attached file. The patches are really low profile and will not
> > affect any existing Boost code. They just fix bugs in the
> > implementation.
>
> OK, if the tests have cycled on main, go ahead and merge. Thanks.

Thanks Eric! I'll probably commit tomorrow, then.

Regards Hartmut