Regarding Mentor

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi  I have joined the Boost Developer's mailing list
 please help me how to find  a mentor.

thanks you

Re: Regarding Mentor

Boost - Dev mailing list
you can find project with mentors and their email address on
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017

I proposed to mentor for Boost.uBLAS (numerical computations). If you're
interested, please contact me.

Cheers,
David

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Shaunak Dixit via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi  I have joined the Boost Developer's mailing list
>  please help me how to find  a mentor.
>

> thanks you

Re: Regarding Mentor

Boost - Dev mailing list
Thanks a lot
But I would like to work on geometry

Thank you
On 2 Mar 2017 14:49, "David Bellot via Boost" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> you can find project with mentors and their email address on
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017
>
> I proposed to mentor for Boost.uBLAS (numerical computations). If you're
> interested, please contact me.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Shaunak Dixit via Boost <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi  I have joined the Boost Developer's mailing list
> >  please help me how to find  a mentor.
> >

> > thanks you

Re: Regarding Mentor

Boost - Dev mailing list
I would like to work on boost.geometry.
For given projects

*PROJECT 1. Filtering of compare distance predicates.*
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#PROJECT1.Filteringofcomparedistancepredicates.>

*PROJECT 3. Nearly antipodal points distance accuracy improvement.*
<https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#PROJECT3.Nearlyantipodalpointsdistanceaccuracyimprovement.>

Please help me out how to start and in finding mentors for the above
projects.

Thanks a lot
On 2 Mar 2017 15:18, "Shaunak Dixit" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks a lot
> But I would like to work on geometry
>
> Thank you
> On 2 Mar 2017 14:49, "David Bellot via Boost" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> you can find project with mentors and their email address on
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017
>>
>> I proposed to mentor for Boost.uBLAS (numerical computations). If you're
>> interested, please contact me.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 8:08 PM, Shaunak Dixit via Boost <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi  I have joined the Boost Developer's mailing list
>> >  please help me how to find  a mentor.
>> >

>> > thanks you

Re: Regarding Mentor

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Shaunak,

Shaunak Dixit Via Boost wrote:

> I would like to work on boost.geometry.
> For given projects
>
> *PROJECT 1. Filtering of compare distance predicates.*
> <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#PROJECT1.Filteringofcomparedistancepredicates.>
>
> *PROJECT 3. Nearly antipodal points distance accuracy improvement.*
> <https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#PROJECT3.Nearlyantipodalpointsdistanceaccuracyimprovement.>
>
> Please help me out how to start and in finding mentors for the above
> projects.

In case you missed it, potential mentor for these projects is Vissarion
Fisikopoulos.
In an email titled "[boost]  [gsoc17] Regarding projects 1 & 3 of
Boost.Geometry" he wrote:

<cite>
I proposed to mentor projects 1 & 3 of Boost.Geometry.

As in Boost GSoC webpage you may choose to either provide links to
existing library you developed or take a competency test. For the
latter the test is the same for both projects 1 & 3, you can find it
inhttps://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/SoC2017#Programmingcompetencytest2
</cite>

Adam