Re: [vc-8_0]/EH option

Mateusz Loskot
Gennadiy Rozental wrote:

> It was brought to my attention that msvc toolset (and all derivatives)
> doesn't allow to specify /EHa option. The Unit Test Framework *have* to be
> compiled with this option. It seems that older versions on Microsoft
> compiler deduced the need in async exception by themselves. This is
> definitely needs to be address before release.

Hi,
Is there a chance to get this problem fixed in CVS shortly?
Or it requires serious amount of changes?

In the meantime, is this safe to use UTF binary built with VC++ 8.0
project files?

Best regards
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: [vc-8_0]/EH option

Gennadiy Rozental

"Mateusz Loskot" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:duc6tv$3l7$[hidden email]...
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> >
> > It was brought to my attention that msvc toolset (and all derivatives)
> > doesn't allow to specify /EHa option. The Unit Test Framework *have* to
be
> > compiled with this option. It seems that older versions on Microsoft
> > compiler deduced the need in async exception by themselves. This is
> > definitely needs to be address before release.
>
> Hi,
> Is there a chance to get this problem fixed in CVS shortly?
> Or it requires serious amount of changes?

I don't think it will reqire a lot of chnages. But it will need t obe
discussed

> In the meantime, is this safe to use UTF binary built with VC++ 8.0
> project files?

Yes it is.

Gennadiy

Re: [vc-8_0]/EH option

Mateusz Loskot
Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> "Mateusz Loskot" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
> news:duc6tv$3l7$[hidden email]...
>>Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>
>>>It was brought to my attention that msvc toolset (and all derivatives)
>>>doesn't allow to specify /EHa option. The Unit Test Framework *have*
 >>>to be
>>>compiled with this option. It seems that older versions on Microsoft
>>>compiler deduced the need in async exception by themselves. This is
>>>definitely needs to be address before release.
>>
>>Is there a chance to get this problem fixed in CVS shortly?
>>Or it requires serious amount of changes?
>
> I don't think it will reqire a lot of chnages. But it will need t obe
> discussed

OK, so I'll wait. Thanks for your effort in this subject.

>>In the meantime, is this safe to use UTF binary built with VC++ 8.0
>>project files?
>
> Yes it is.

Great! That means I can continue my work without waiting for the fix.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net

Re: [vc-8_0]/EH option

Gennadiy Rozental
This is pretty critical and needs to be addressed before release. Unless we
are going to be using BB2 and it does not have this problem. But this needs
to be stated.

Gennadiy

Re: [vc-8_0]/EH option

David Abrahams
"Gennadiy Rozental" <[hidden email]> writes:

> This is pretty critical and needs to be addressed before release. Unless we
> are going to be using BB2

We are.

> and it does not have this problem.

I don't know whether it does or not.

> But this needs to be stated.

What does?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Re: [vc-8_0]/EH option

Martin Bonner
> "Gennadiy Rozental" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> This is pretty critical and needs to be addressed before release.
>> Unless we are going to be using BB2
>
> We are.
>
>> and it does not have this problem.
>
> I don't know whether it does or not.