Quantcast

Re: [http] Boost.Http review report

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [http] Boost.Http review report

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Aug 27, 2015 at 12:21 PM, Bjorn Reese <breese_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The outcome of the formal review of Boost.Http is that the library is
> NOT accepted for inclusion into Boost this time.
> ...
> Judging from the reviews, the following additions will
> make a future submission more likely to succeed:
>
> 1. Involve the community more during the development. This will
>     both solicit earlier feedback on the design, and help to align
>     community expectation.

I've been trying to involve the community for several months now,
offering opportunities to weigh in on design decisions, provide
feedback on pull requests, perform code reviews on pending merges. The
response has been, to put it nicely, minimal.

In particular I have not heard from anyone involved in the other
proposed libraries such as Boost.Http or cpp-netlib except some
initial contacts in early 2016.

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [http] Boost.Http review report

Boost - Dev mailing list
2017-05-14 21:48 GMT-03:00 Vinnie Falco via Boost <[hidden email]>:

> In particular I have not heard from anyone involved in the other
> proposed libraries such as Boost.Http or cpp-netlib except some
> initial contacts in early 2016.
>

I've saw your email to Boost maililng list asking for feedback on
Beast.Http weeks earlier. I'm planning to reply once I finish current
refactor that you make message model more compatible with Beast one.

Aside from that, I've been very inactive indeed.


--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [http] Boost.Http review report

Boost - Dev mailing list
On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm planning to reply once I finish current refactor that you
> make message model more compatible with Beast one.

Ah, glad to hear you're still in the game! Just a little less than 7
weeks until the Beast formal review period starts, so I'm going
through all the old Boost.Http review feedback and try to make
everyone happy!

If you have questions about recent Beast changes or the message model
don't hesitate to open an issue in the GitHub repository, I've also
made some changes and I have a little more change planned which will
really take care of those folks who want fine grained control over how
fields are stored in memory (or if they are stored at all).

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [http] Boost.Http review report

Boost - Dev mailing list
Click in “reply to all” please
=P

2017-05-14 21:57 GMT-03:00 Vinnie Falco via Boost <[hidden email]>:

> On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 5:53 PM, Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'm planning to reply once I finish current refactor that you
> > make message model more compatible with Beast one.
>
> Ah, glad to hear you're still in the game! Just a little less than 7
> weeks until the Beast formal review period starts, so I'm going
> through all the old Boost.Http review feedback and try to make
> everyone happy!
>
> If you have questions about recent Beast changes or the message model
> don't hesitate to open an issue in the GitHub repository, I've also
> made some changes and I have a little more change planned which will
> really take care of those folks who want fine grained control over how
> fields are stored in memory (or if they are stored at all).
>
> _______________________________________________
> Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/
> mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
>



--
Vinícius dos Santos Oliveira
https://vinipsmaker.github.io/

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Loading...