Quantcast

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Boost, Vissarion, Adam,  Niall, David

Sorry for disturbing you at this time, I experienced a very bad thing that
Satyam Pandey, a student who sent proposal yesterday copied too many
sections of my proposal. I marked the sections red in the given PDF.* I
think the same pattern of GSoC proposal is common, and it does not matter,
but his proposal has too many same description as me. *

And I received two emails from google docs. I will transmit these two
emails in the following emailsThe meaning of one email is Satyam Pandey do
a replace:replace “Dev Environment Visual Studio for C# development Eclipse
for JAVA development Code Blocks, Sublime T…”  to“`+”

The meaning of another email is Satyam Pandey reject the comment of
"Proposal" from his own, replace “Dev Environment Visual Studio for C#
development Eclipse for JAVA development Code Blocks, Sublime T…”  to“`+”

I sent an email to him, but he did not think he did the copy work. But the
actually thing is* he forked the whole proposal and then change some words
to fix his condition.*

> Hello Ruyong,
> I just wanted to explain my part here. I did not copy as per what I
> understand.I have tried answering your queries.I hope you will read it
> calmly and would try to understand.
>

>    1. As far as I could guess we share similar background of competitive
>    programming and have no experience in contributing to any large orgs . So I
>    used your proposal as reference for writing my proposal.
>

>    1. Our Programming interest are same cause they are, I will end it
>    here. This cannot be called a copy-case because thats-what I feel are the
>    things that I like. How can you question that? Every guy that loves maths
>    and programming would have written it in the same way and I'm not faking my
>    interest toward them as  you can check by following the links that I have
>    given about different contest that I have participated in. Or do you want
>    to say no-one other than you can like both.
>    2. The Timeline was, one feature that I liked in your proposal, so I
>    used it. How its copying ? Your exact timeline will not even make sense for
>    me,cause we are applying for different Projects.
>    3. And I did not understood "And you did not code for programming
>    competency test, but have the same idea of implement of test" . What
>    does this mean ? . Firstly I haven't read your proposal after you start
>    describing "*far enough*" . So ,I did not know what you were doing in
>    your test. Even if I knew what you have done or written there, do you
>    think, you have claimed that way of solving the problem by putting it in
>    your proposal ? And even after reading your proficiency test idea, the
>    only thing that matches with my idea is the Basic-Distance function which
>    is the first result that we get after googling the problem ? So , have we
>    both copied from google ??
>

> I do not think this means reference, he just use my discription directly
and change some similar words.* This means COPY. *

> And please before going public with this, you could have at-least talked
> to me personally. I don't think Boost-Developer mailing list is meant for
> such discussions. Mailing list are made for communication that concerns the
> whole org not any individual. You could have directly mailed to me, before
> creating this nuisance.
> Genuinely you should be happy that people are following your style and if
> not, at least think a little before calling someone cheat because borrowing
> ideas are not equivalent to cheating , in anyway.
>
> I apologize to all for spamming their mail-boxes

*I do not accept his apologize. I want to be given impartial judgement for
this disgusting COPY.*

Thanks all for reading.:)

Best regards.

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Boost,
Here are two emails google docs sent to me.Sorry for my language
From: Satyam Pandey (Google 文档) <
[hidden email]>
Date: 2017-04-02 21:03 GMT+08:00
To: [hidden email]

--
Northwest University of China
Software Engineering

logo.png (1K) Download Attachment

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

*plagiarism is plagiarism, regardless project, and stop acting like a 3
years old!*

> Hello Ruoyun,
> Sorry,I m not good with Chinese names So, I used he. I'm not acting as 3
> year old but I think you are, using your idea in writing proposal by taking
> a reference is very popular and  is always encouraged. If you believe the
> ideas that you get are so unique that no one else can think it by
> themselves. You could have send your proposal personally to them.
> And you know you have given even the edit accesses  on your doc, please
> remove it else someone can mess up with your doc. I wrote my proposal by
> myself according to me, so it will be better if you can leave it upto
> mentors to decide whether I copied or not.

*reference implies quotation or citation of your original work, which in
this topic, was neither. as the resemblance between two proposals is simple
too obvious to consider anything other than full copy of the origin *

--
Northwest University of China
Software Engineering
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

*NO ! I REJECT !*
*Plagiarism is plagiarism!*

> [...]
> the
> > whole org not any individual. You could have directly mailed to me,
> before
> > creating this nuisance.
> > Genuinely you should be happy that people are following your style and if
> > not, at least think a little before calling someone cheat because
> borrowing
> > ideas are not equivalent to cheating , in anyway.
> >
> > I apologize to all for spamming their mail-boxes
> >

> *I do not accept his apologize. I want to be given impartial judgement for
> this disgusting COPY.*
>
> Thanks all for reading.:)
>
> Best regards.

Northwest University of China
Software Engineering
[hidden email] <[hidden email]>

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

Satyam.Pandey
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

Satyam.Pandey
Hi all,

I don't know why Ryoung is so fixated on the matter ? The comment that I made in his doc was an accident, so I removed it .That's why she got such mail later.
 Secondly, We are applying for"different projects ". Copying her exact proposal will not even make sense for me.
What I used was her style of writing with some other older proposal . I am adding them as reference here too.
I really feel this is too frustrating why this guy don't even understand that we are doing 2 different projects, so I can't copy her . And Sorry to tell you, I used  used Moss on our proposal and  there is less than 10% match is our proposal, if you claim that I have just changed a few words come with some proof as moss is telling me something different.

Please someone look into it. It is very irritating.
anurag_proposal_gsoc_15.pdf
FinalOWASPOWTF-GSoCProposal.pdf

Thanks
Satyam Pandey

Re: [gsoc2017]Satyam Pandey Copy GSoC 2017 Proposal writen by Ruoyun Jing

Satyam.Pandey
Sorry for using such harsh words earlier. I'm little frustrated now, I really want to work in this project and I did not start earlier so , I have to complete everything in a hurry. As yours and mine background was very similar (professionally (i.e we do competitive and all)). I used your proposal  as a reference for preparing mine. I would have really thanked you if you would have helped me to make my proposal better as anyhow we are working on different projects, so it does not matter even if our proposal have some similarity. We could have helped each other rather than making all this mess.
If you still feel it is the case of plagiarism then,LET THE MENTORS DECIDE. if they say I will take my proposal back.