Re: [database] - guid class / Next Release

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [database] - guid class / Next Release

Marc VIALA
<snip>
 
> This does make sense.  I have added a constructor to initialize from
raw data:
> template <ByteInputIterator>
> guid(ByteInputIterator first, ByteInputIterator last);
> and a function to get out the raw bytes:
> template <ByteOutputIterator>
> void output_bytes(ByteOutputIterator out) {
>  std::copy(data_.begin(), data_.end(), out); }
> Is output_bytes what you are looking for?
 
Andy.
 
Hi Andy,
 
I'm sorry to be quite < pushy > but are you making some progress on the
next release of you proposal of guid class?
 
The functionalities of your proposal are really present in our current
project development and I would like to know when you plan to publish
your next release.
 
By the way, do you have a look on my previous email 22/02?
 
Best regards,
 
Marc Viala
 
 
_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [database] - guid class / Next Release

Andy Tompkins
Marc Viala <mviala <at> acticm.com> writes:

< snip >

> Hi Andy,
>
> I'm sorry to be quite < pushy > but are you making some progress on the
> next release of you proposal of guid class?

I have been almost ready to put a new version in the boost vault for awhile
now, but I have been having a bit of a problem with bjam (only because I don't
know it very well).  I have put a new version in the boost vault anyway.  It
has all the changes that have beed talked about and a platform independent
create() function (relies on random and date_time from boost), but it is not
thread safe yet.  The code to make it thread safe is just commented out until I
can get bjam to link with the threads library (maybe you can give me a hand?).

>
> The functionalities of your proposal are really present in our current
> project development and I would like to know when you plan to publish
> your next release.
>
> By the way, do you have a look on my previous email 22/02?

I did look at your previous post.  I should have replied earlier.  I added a
function called byte_count() (unless you can think of a better name) that will
allow one to preallocate the output buffer, as follows.

boost::guid id;
std::vector<char> bytes(id.byte_count());
id.output_bytes(bytes.begin());

>
> Best regards,
>
> Marc Viala
>

Thanks again for your interest and feedback, it has already made it a better
library.

Andy.


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [database] - guid class / Next Release

Marc VIALA
Hi Andy,

> I have been almost ready to put a new version in the boost vault for
awhile
> now, but I have been having a bit of a problem with bjam (only because I
don't
> know it very well).  I have put a new version in the boost vault anyway.
It
> has all the changes that have beed talked about and a platform independent
> create() function (relies on random and date_time from boost), but it is
not
> thread safe yet.  The code to make it thread safe is just commented out
until I
> can get bjam to link with the threads library (maybe you can give me a
hand?).
 
[Marc Viala]
Thanks for taking account all our comments. I've just downloaded the new
version and I'm going to test it. I'll give you my feedback in the next
days.
About Bjam, I'm very sorry but I've never tried to use it. It's a pity but I
pretty sure that someone else around this user-group can help you. In any
case, I'll try to tune it...

> I did look at your previous post.  I should have replied earlier.  I added
a
> function called byte_count() (unless you can think of a better name) that
will
> allow one to preallocate the output buffer, as follows.
>
> boost::guid id;
> std::vector<char> bytes(id.byte_count());
> id.output_bytes(bytes.begin());

[Marc Viala] OK great.

> Thanks again for your interest and feedback, it has already made it a
better
> library.
[Marc Viala]
Thanks for you proposal and your work.

Best regards

_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [database] - guid class / Next Release

Marc VIALA
In reply to this post by Andy Tompkins
> I have been almost ready to put a new version in the boost vault for
awhile
> now, but I have been having a bit of a problem with bjam (only because I
don't
> know it very well).  I have put a new version in the boost vault anyway.
It
> has all the changes that have beed talked about and a platform independent
> create() function (relies on random and date_time from boost), but it is
not
> thread safe yet.  The code to make it thread safe is just commented out
until I
> can get bjam to link with the threads library (maybe you can give me a
hand?).

[Marc Viala]
I've tried to modify your jamfile, see my file in CC. Notice that I've made
some modification on your jamfile to specify multi-threading option during
the compilation step (it's necessary for Boot.Thread).

All additional libraries compile, but the linking step for Boost.Guid fails
because the linker is looking for the library "libboost_thread" and not
"boost_thread"?

I'm not able to find the root cause of this name matching error: I'm really
a "bjam" newbie...

May be it can help you.

Best regards,

Marc


_______________________________________________
Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost

jamfile (1K) Download Attachment