Re: [boostorg/regression] Failure running `run.py` (#39)

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boostorg/regression] Failure running `run.py` (#39)

Rene Rivera-2
Taking this to the testing list as it's might take some back and forth...

On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Stefan Seefeld <[hidden email]> wrote:

Following the online docs I downloaded and executed the run.py script using

python run.py --runner=Stefan --toolsets=gcc-6.2.1 --tag=develop

which eventually resulted in

# Executing GIT command: /home/stefan/projects/boost_root> git submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ."
Entering 'libs/accumulators'
error: pathspec '.' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Stopping at 'libs/accumulators'; script returned non-zero status.
# git_source_checkout failed with message "GIT command "git submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ."" failed with code 256"
# Retrying (5 more attempts).
...
# Retrying (1 more attempts).
# Executing GIT command: /home/stefan/projects/boost_root> git submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ."
Entering 'libs/accumulators'
error: pathspec '.' did not match any file(s) known to git.
Stopping at 'libs/accumulators'; script returned non-zero status.
# git_source_checkout failed with message "GIT command "git submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ."" failed with code 256"
# Giving up.
Don't really know what is going wrong there. Are you running the the "run.py" script in an initially empty directory?


--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything
-- Robot Dreams - http://robot-dreams.net
-- rrivera/acm.org (msn) - grafikrobot/aim,yahoo,skype,efnet,gmail

_______________________________________________
Boost-Testing mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-testing
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boostorg/regression] Failure running `run.py` (#39)

Stefan Seefeld-2
On 25.10.2016 11:01, Rene Rivera wrote:

> Taking this to the testing list as it's might take some back and forth...
>
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Stefan Seefeld
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Following the online docs I downloaded and executed the |run.py|
>     script using
>
>     |python run.py --runner=Stefan --toolsets=gcc-6.2.1 --tag=develop |
>
>     which eventually resulted in
>
>     |# Executing GIT command: /home/stefan/projects/boost_root> git
>     submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ." Entering
>     'libs/accumulators' error: pathspec '.' did not match any file(s)
>     known to git. Stopping at 'libs/accumulators'; script returned
>     non-zero status. # git_source_checkout failed with message "GIT
>     command "git submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ."" failed
>     with code 256" # Retrying (5 more attempts). ... # Retrying (1
>     more attempts). # Executing GIT command:
>     /home/stefan/projects/boost_root> git submodule foreach "git
>     submodule deinit ." Entering 'libs/accumulators' error: pathspec
>     '.' did not match any file(s) known to git. Stopping at
>     'libs/accumulators'; script returned non-zero status. #
>     git_source_checkout failed with message "GIT command "git
>     submodule foreach "git submodule deinit ."" failed with code 256"
>     # Giving up.|
>
> Don't really know what is going wrong there. Are you running the the
> "run.py" script in an initially empty directory?
Yes.     Stefan PS: I'm on IRC, if you'd like to discuss this "live"

--

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...
_______________________________________________
Boost-Testing mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-testing
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boostorg/regression] Failure running `run.py` (#39)

Niklas Angare
"Stefan Seefeld" <[hidden email]>wrote:
> On 25.10.2016 11:01, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>     /home/stefan/projects/boost_root> git submodule foreach "git
>>     submodule deinit ." Entering 'libs/accumulators' error: pathspec
>>     '.' did not match any file(s) known to git. Stopping at
>>     'libs/accumulators'; script returned non-zero status.
...
>> Don't really know what is going wrong there. Are you running the the
>> "run.py" script in an initially empty directory?
> Yes.

In another thread "Stefan Seefeld" <[hidden email]>wrote:
> The only problem left is the execution of the `python run.py` command
> with new git versions (2.7.4 in my case) that cause the error I reported
> already.

Just as an additional data point; my runners on QNX use git 2.9.2 with no
such problems. I tried with an empty directory just now and it worked fine
too. Which operating system are you running?

Regards,

Niklas Angare
 


_______________________________________________
Boost-Testing mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-testing
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [boostorg/regression] Failure running `run.py` (#39)

Stefan Seefeld-2
On 27.10.2016 18:48, Niklas Angare wrote:

> "Stefan Seefeld" <[hidden email]>wrote:
>> On 25.10.2016 11:01, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>>     /home/stefan/projects/boost_root> git submodule foreach "git
>>>     submodule deinit ." Entering 'libs/accumulators' error: pathspec
>>>     '.' did not match any file(s) known to git. Stopping at
>>>     'libs/accumulators'; script returned non-zero status.
> ...
>>> Don't really know what is going wrong there. Are you running the the
>>> "run.py" script in an initially empty directory?
>> Yes.
>
> In another thread "Stefan Seefeld" <[hidden email]>wrote:
>> The only problem left is the execution of the `python run.py` command
>> with new git versions (2.7.4 in my case) that cause the error I reported
>> already.
>
> Just as an additional data point; my runners on QNX use git 2.9.2 with
> no such problems. I tried with an empty directory just now and it
> worked fine too. Which operating system are you running?

I'm running on Linux (Fedora 24 with the system 'git' package). Today I
compiled git 2.1.4 from source and with that I didn't observe the issue.

        Stefan


--

      ...ich hab' noch einen Koffer in Berlin...

_______________________________________________
Boost-Testing mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost-testing