Re: [boost] Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a really bad idea..."

Re: [boost] Mixing a dll boost library with a static runtime is a really bad idea..."

Rene Rivera
Redirecting to users list...

Saurabh Ramya wrote:
> Thanks for your reply.
>   But I am just including the header files of the boost like muthex.hpp and not using the DLL.
>   But even though itried by changing the setting to the Debug MT DLL"
>   And I am getting warning
>   "non dll-interface class 'boost::noncopyable' used as base for dll-interface class 'boost::mutex'"
>   And at the end I get error
>   fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "boost_thread-vc6-mt-gd-1_31.lib"

It's called automatic linking, see
<http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html#auto-link>. And more
generally the getting started docs
<http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html>

The "non dll-interface" warning can be ignored.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything