Re: Where we are 1.65.0

Boost - Users mailing list

On 09/08/2017 17:26, Marshall Clow via Boost-users wrote:
> RC1 came out on Monday, and it had some problems.
>
> Specifically:
> * Some libraries didn't build with ToT clang/libc++  (Locale, Wave and
> Test)
> This is because in C++17, some deprecated library features have been
> removed.  [bind1st, mem_fun, auto_ptr, random_shuffle, etc ]

numeric/conversion also has un-merged changes in develop for this issue
which prevents the Math lib tests building on master in C++17 mode.

> Boost.Config has support for these removals, but this was ... incomplete.
> [ This is on me; I did the partial job of adding these to Config's
> libc++ support a while back ]

Merged to master as requested.

> Normally, I would be tempted to say "Well, clang 5 is not shipping
> yet, and so we can put this off until 1.66.0". But both clang 5 and
> C++17 are imminent (they will both happen well before the 1.66
> release, and so I think we should fix this now. Also, a future version
> of MSVC will have the same library issues.
>
> So I have committed a fix for Boost.Config that fixes the Boost.Test
> issues.
> Hartmut has fixed most of the Boost.Wave issues.
> Artymom has a fix for Boost.Locale.
>
>     Windows/MSVC builds look good across the board.
>

> * Boost.Fiber fails to build on Mac OS with anything other than
> -std=c++03.
> There is a fix in develop for this; but there's still a bunch of tests
> failing.
>
> * There's a problem from the beta in Boost.Math.
>
>     The regression regarding boost/math/common_factor_ct.hpp (vs
>     math_fwd.hpp) seems to be still there. (For details please see the
>     original mail and replies:
>     https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2017/07/237452.php
>     <https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2017/07/237452.php>)
>

>     What I presume is the fix
>     (https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/75
>     <https://github.com/boostorg/math/pull/75>) was
>     merged into develop about 12 hours ago, some automatic CI tests still
>     running.

I can cheery pick this if requested, I would note however, that this
issue was in the previous release or two as well :(

Best, John.

---
http://www.avg.com

Re: Where we are 1.65.0

Boost - Users mailing list
RC3 came out on Monday, and fixed a crashing bug in Boost.Asio.

We have a report of a new problem in Boost.Thread (timed waits wait way too long), which Vicente is looking into.

If necessary, we'll have an RC4 with a fix for Boost.Thread.
Hopefully we'll know the answer to that today.

-- Marshall

Re: Where we are 1.65.0

Boost - Users mailing list
Le 16.08.17 à 17:58, Marshall Clow via Boost-users a écrit :
> RC3 came out on Monday, and fixed a crashing bug in Boost.Asio.
>
> We have a report of a new problem in Boost.Thread (timed waits wait way
> too long), which Vicente is looking into.
>
> If necessary, we'll have an RC4 with a fix for Boost.Thread.
> Hopefully we'll know the answer to that today.

If RC4, would it be possible to include the boost.python patch I mention
there?

https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2017/08/238131.php

Thanks,
Raffi

Re: Where we are 1.65.0

RC3 came out on Monday, and fixed a crashing bug in Boost.Asio.

We have a report of a new problem in Boost.Thread (timed waits wait way too long), which Vicente is looking into.

If necessary, we'll have an RC4 with a fix for Boost.Thread.
Hopefully we'll know the answer to that today.

-- Marshall

Do I get permission to add a fix for 32bit Mac OS X (boost.context) and one for boost.coroutine(2) to RC4?

Re: Where we are 1.65.0

On 8/16/2017 11:58 AM, Marshall Clow via Boost-users wrote:
> RC3 came out on Monday, and fixed a crashing bug in Boost.Asio.
>
> We have a report of a new problem in Boost.Thread (timed waits wait way
> too long), which Vicente is looking into.
>
> If necessary, we'll have an RC4 with a fix for Boost.Thread.
> Hopefully we'll know the answer to that today.

There is a post on the users mailing list about problems with Oracle C++
12.6 and log, optional, python. I realize that Oracle ( previous Sun )
C++ is not as mainstream as gcc, clang, and vc++ but I would think that
the library maintainers for the aforementioned libraries should at least
attempt to respond to the problem, even if a fix for the problem for
1.65 is not in the works.