Re: Qi to X3 porting

tomkulaga
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any porting guidelines for Qi to X3?

I know that grammars have gone, and I've got my parser broken down into subclassed grammars. How would that be handled in the transition?

Thanks
Tom

Re: Qi to X3 porting

Joel de Guzman
On 21/07/2016 11:01 AM, Tom Kulaga wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if there is any porting guidelines for Qi to X3?
>
> I know that grammars have gone, and I've got my parser broken down into subclassed
> grammars. How would that be handled in the transition?

Sorry, no, there is no such porting guidelines. The best thing I could offer
are the calc examples which evolved from Qi to X3 you can use as basis.
Contributions are very welcome though ;-)

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: Qi to X3 porting

tomkulaga
I'll give it a stab and see how I go.

Thanks

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016, 16:48 Joel de Guzman <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 21/07/2016 11:01 AM, Tom Kulaga wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if there is any porting guidelines for Qi to X3?
>
> I know that grammars have gone, and I've got my parser broken down into subclassed
> grammars. How would that be handled in the transition?

Sorry, no, there is no such porting guidelines. The best thing I could offer
are the calc examples which evolved from Qi to X3 you can use as basis.
Contributions are very welcome though ;-)

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: Qi to X3 porting

tomkulaga
quick follow up question:

For my qi parser I had this structure:

struct bar{}
struct baz{}

Struct foo
{
   bar
   baz
}

and the qi parsers

bazParser : qi::grammar....

barParser : qi::grammar...

FooParser : qi::grammar
{
    bazParser<>  bazParser_;
    barParser<>  barParser_;
}

so that each of the parses pop out their structs. Hope that makes sense.

is this recommend for X3?

I've been following exmaple Calc7

and there is an Expression that is made up of  TERM and FACTOR, but they are in the same file. Is it better to have Expressions and anything that is it made up of in a single file, or to break up any rule that outputs a struct into a seperate module?

Regards
Tom