Re: Problems compiling Serialisation libs because o f Spirit problem

Re: Problems compiling Serialisation libs because o f Spirit problem

Hughes, James
Hi Joel.

Will try there.

> Anyway... I am not sure what the workaround is here. I do not
> have access to g++3.4.3. We've tested against all versions of
> g++ (including 2.95.3 for Spirit 1.6.x) and I don't recall
> any problems. I am currently testing against 3.4.4 and I see
> no problems. Do you have a minimal cpp test file I can try?
> Perhaps posting the compiler errors might help.

One of the errors (all errors seem to relate to this one area) was included
in the previous post on the subject, but it is just a build of boost,
without any of my code anywhere near! Not sure an example is necessary, it's
all boost library code.

I am thinking it must be something to do with cross compiling (x86 host
compiling to ARM code), but cannot see why it should be.

My (previously limited) template understanding is improving rapidly, trying
to figure out how this stuff works!

James

Re: Problems compiling Serialisation libs because o f Spirit problem

Robert Ramey
James Hughes wrote:

> Hi Joel.

Note also the the xml serialization (which depends upon spirit)
has passed all tests with all compilers including all tested versions
of gcc.

Given that this configuration - cross compiling to ARM code - doesn't
show up in our test matrices - maybe the prudent thing would be to
run the whole test suite with your build environment.

Robert Ramey