Re: Changing name of function being called in a tem plate

Re: Changing name of function being called in a tem plate

Hughes, James
>Have you checked out Boost.Function? You can use a
>boost::function<void (T &)>
>instance in your class to point to the correct member function you want
>to call.
>
>Alternatively, you may try to use member function pointer:
>
>template <typename T, void (Observer::*Notify)(T & )>
>class ....
>{ }
>
>Just my 5 cents...
>
>Cheers,
>
>Freddie

Thanks Freddie,

boost.function does allows me (I dont think) to specify the function when
the template is instantiated (it has to be done programmatically). The
alterantive might, but I am unsure of the syntax and how to use it - could
you add any detail?

At the moment, it seems like a robust option is to use macros, and simply
redefine the function name to whatever I want - quick and simple, but not
very templatey!!

James