Re: [Boost][GIL][GSOC21] Draft Proposal for Boost GIL

Re: [Boost][GIL][GSOC21] Draft Proposal for Boost GIL

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hello Everyone,
                         My name is Sayan Chaudhuri. I am a final
year,undergraduate student,in the Computer Science and Engineering
department of IEM,India . I am eager to participate in the GSOC 2021 and
willing to contribute to the Boost GIL library.
                          I am looking to implement the ORB feature
descriptor for BOOST GIL . Currently the only keypoint detector present is
Harris Corner. And no separate descriptors are present. ORB comes with both
a keypoint detector and descriptor bundled and it is suitable for real time
systems and also license free. Feature descriptors are important for tasks
like object recognition, structure from motion, image stitching etc. And
ORB is a good choice for real time systems.
                            I am attaching the link of my project proposal
for the same below. I would request anyone who is interested to mentor me
or co-mentor to kindly have a look at my proposal. I would really
appreciate any feedback from your side and I am looking to continue the
discussion of the project further.
Proposal link :
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ARL57qRdNWPGe3GlqY1n8E31LyUCvyIyvBk_agzaJro/edit?usp=sharing
.