Ranges

Boost - Users mailing list
I realise this isn't strictly about Boost, but I'd appreciate if someone could say a few words about the current state of ranges in the standard, Boost or elsewhere.

I'm familiar with the current Boost.Range, but thought there was a newer and rather different range library from Eric Neibler which was Boost compatible but not formally part of Boost, is that right?

Are either of these part of the C++ standard, either now or planned, or is there anything else planned for the standard?

Thx.

Kind Regards

Rob.

Re: Ranges

Boost - Users mailing list
The Ranges library being considered for standardisation is Eric Neibler's. http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2016/n4569.pdf

At the summer C++ standards meeting in Toronto Ranges TS completed its review ballot, so it is almost certain to be in C++20

Further details on the "Ranges TS “Ready” Issues for the July 2017 (Toronto) meeting" here: http://open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2017/p0663r0.html