RFC 5322 date/time parser

Richard-45
<https://github.com/LegalizeAdulthood/ucpp-date-time-parser>

OK, I pushed this parser implementation through to what I believe is
something that implements the complete spec of RFC 5322, including the
obsolete elements from earlier specifications.

I updated the ReadMe with advice gleaned along the way.

I may add a tutorial later in github pages.

As a group exercise, we did about 45 minutes worth of "randori" and
got several unit tests passing.  The randori was pretty successful, I
think we will continue with that in the future.

Re: RFC 5322 date/time parser

Joel de Guzman
On 11/17/14, 12:22 PM, Richard wrote:

> <https://github.com/LegalizeAdulthood/ucpp-date-time-parser>
>
> OK, I pushed this parser implementation through to what I believe is
> something that implements the complete spec of RFC 5322, including the
> obsolete elements from earlier specifications.
>
> I updated the ReadMe with advice gleaned along the way.
>
> I may add a tutorial later in github pages.
>
> As a group exercise, we did about 45 minutes worth of "randori" and
> got several unit tests passing.  The randori was pretty successful, I
> think we will continue with that in the future.

Wonderful! I wish I was there with you :)

Joel de Guzman
http://www.ciere.com
http://boost-spirit.com
http://www.cycfi.com/

Re: RFC 5322 date/time parser

Richard-45

In article <m4cqhs$6ar$[hidden email]>,
    Joel de Guzman <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 11/17/14, 12:22 PM, Richard wrote:
> > As a group exercise, we did about 45 minutes worth of "randori" and
> > got several unit tests passing.  The randori was pretty successful, I
> > think we will continue with that in the future.
>
> Wonderful! I wish I was there with you :)

I threw the JSON parser at them first, minimally explaining Spirit
along the way.  It's pretty heavy material.  If I had continued in
that vein, I would have lost their interest.  Switching to randori
for date/time really picked up the energy and got them involved and
active instead of passively sitting there listening to me talk.

When we did the randori the reference card really helped as a quick
hands-on reference to find the chunk of Spirit we should use to get
the test to pass.