Question about posting boost test results to boost community

Question about posting boost test results to boost community

Boost - Testing mailing list

Hi boost experts,

Are there any instructions about how(and the criteria) to post the boost test results to the boost community?

https://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/summary.html

We are running boost tests on VxWorks, and we have some local changes(not yet upstream to boost community) in boost jam files, boost test source codes, etc.

Are this kind of test results accepted to be posted? Or only the test results on the clean boost sources downloaded from the community are accepted?

Appreciate for any feedback.

Thanks,

Bin

Re: Question about posting boost test results to boost community

Boost - Testing mailing list
AMDG

On 4/16/19 2:00 AM, Cao, Bin via Boost-Testing wrote:

> Are there any instructions about how(and the criteria) to post the boost test results to the boost community?
> https://www.boost.org/development/tests/master/developer/summary.html
>
> We are running boost tests on VxWorks, and we have some local changes(not yet upstream to boost community) in boost jam files, boost test source codes, etc.
> Are this kind of test results accepted to be posted? Or only the test results on the clean boost sources downloaded from the community are accepted?

Please see: https://www.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

Local changes are acceptable (see patch_boost), but
please limit them to the minimum required to make
anything work at all.  The test results should show
the current state of the branch.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Question about posting boost test results to boost community

Boost - Testing mailing list
Thanks Steven Watanabe for the answer.

We are running the tests by directly calling b2 in a local wrapper, rather than calling run.py.
So, does that make sense for us to just upload the test logs using run.py?

I tried the following command, it says "Uploading log archive ... to master". But I did not see my test results on the summary page after several hours.
BinCaoWR.zip was manually created which only includes the attached log file.

$ python run.py --runner=BinCaoWR --toolsets=clang-vxworks-4.0.1 --tag=master --platform=vxWorks --comment=comment.html  upload-logs
# Running regressions in /opt/boost/Logs/boost_simics_nightly/20190421200812/any/xlnx_zynqmp_platform_smp/j32.xlnx_zynqmp_xlnxzcu102_default.true.llvm.vsbdir.lp64smp...
# Creating regression scripts at /opt/boost/Logs/boost_simics_nightly/20190421200812/any/xlnx_zynqmp_platform_smp/j32.xlnx_zynqmp_xlnxzcu102_default.true.llvm.vsbdir.lp64smp/boost_regression_src...
# Downloading regression scripts from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boostorg/regression/develop/testing/src...
# Uploading log archive "/opt/boost/Logs/boost_simics_nightly/20190421200812/any/xlnx_zynqmp_platform_smp/j32.xlnx_zynqmp_xlnxzcu102_default.true.llvm.vsbdir.lp64smp/results/BinCaoWR.zip" to master

Is there anything wrong in my command, or any restriction on the test log format/content, etc?

Thanks,
Bin

target_host_localshell.SHELL_B1E1R0_20190421_122749.log (3K) Download Attachment

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 6:00 AM Cao, Bin via Boost-Testing <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

What shows up in master is whitelisted. You need to test and upload for develop before being able to do the same for master.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Re: Question about posting boost test results to boost community

Boost - Testing mailing list

Thanks Rene Rivera for the reply.

Actually I have tried to upload for develop with the same command, but nothing was shown up on the develop summary page.

I noticed in the issues page, it says “Failure on a newly added test/compiler. Unexpected failure.” for <toolset>.

Does that mean my toolset name “clang-vxworks-4.0.1” is not correct?

Does there have any place to show what happened to my uploadings, and the reasons why my uploadings failed?

Thanks,

Bin

On 4/24/19 9:10 PM, Cao, Bin via Boost-Testing wrote:
> Thanks Rene Rivera for the reply.
>
> Actually I have tried to upload for develop with the same command, but nothing was shown up on the develop summary page.
>
> I noticed in the issues page, it says “Failure on a newly added test/compiler. Unexpected failure.” for <toolset>.
> Does that mean my toolset name “clang-vxworks-4.0.1” is not correct?
>
> Does there have any place to show what happened to my uploadings, and the reasons why my uploadings failed?

run.py upload-logs doesn't work by itself.

> <snip>
> We are running the tests by directly calling b2 in a local wrapper, rather than calling run.py.
> So, does that make sense for us to just upload the test logs using run.py?

No.  What run.py uploads is a zipped .xml file which
it creates based on the output of b2.  You need quite
a bit more than `b2` and `upload-logs`.

> I tried the following command, it says "Uploading log archive ... to master". But I did not see my test results on the summary page after several hours.
> BinCaoWR.zip was manually created which only includes the attached log file.
>
> $ python run.py --runner=BinCaoWR --toolsets=clang-vxworks-4.0.1 --tag=master --platform=vxWorks --comment=comment.html  upload-logs
> <snip>

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe