[QNX6][pool] how is pool tested?

Jim Douglas-2
I tried to run the test for Boost.Pool in isolation so that I can debug
the crash, but found that there is no Jamfile in libs/pool/test. I would
expect to use the command "bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test" like with
the other libraries.

What's the trick in this case?

Jim

Re: [QNX6][pool] how is pool tested?

Rene Rivera
Jim Douglas wrote:
> I tried to run the test for Boost.Pool in isolation so that I can debug
> the crash, but found that there is no Jamfile in libs/pool/test. I would
> expect to use the command "bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test" like with
> the other libraries.
>
> What's the trick in this case?

cd boost-root/status
bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test_pool_alloc

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Rene Rivera wrote:

> Jim Douglas wrote:
>
>>I tried to run the test for Boost.Pool in isolation so that I can debug
>>the crash, but found that there is no Jamfile in libs/pool/test. I would
>>expect to use the command "bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test" like with
>>the other libraries.
>>
>>What's the trick in this case?
>

> cd boost-root/status
> bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test_pool_alloc

Doing that just seems to put bjam into an infinite loop. It prints out
the regex message and then hangs with bjam hogging all the processor
time. Any other ideas?

Jim Douglas wrote:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>>Jim Douglas wrote:
>>
>>>I tried to run the test for Boost.Pool in isolation so that I can debug
>>>the crash, but found that there is no Jamfile in libs/pool/test. I would
>>>expect to use the command "bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test" like with
>>>the other libraries.
>>>
>>>What's the trick in this case?
>>

>>cd boost-root/status
>>bjam -sTOOLS=qcc-3.3.5-cpp test_pool_alloc
>
> Doing that just seems to put bjam into an infinite loop. It prints out
> the regex message and then hangs with bjam hogging all the processor
> time. Any other ideas?

Forget that - I just wasn't waiting long enough. It takes a good few
minutes to work out what to do and there is no "...patience..." message
at that stage.

Jim