Quantcast

Project R-tree Serialisation

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi everyone,

I am midway through my competency test.I wanted to know whether working of
serialisatjon for n dimensional point is the only thing to be demonstrated
in main.cpp file.

Thanks

Re: Project R-tree Serialisation

Boost - Dev mailing list
Hi Kabir,

Kabir Sahni Via Boost wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am midway through my competency test.I wanted to know whether working of
> serialisatjon for n dimensional point is the only thing to be demonstrated
> in main.cpp file.

The minimal requirement is the support for model::point and
model::point_xy but supporting additional geometries esspecially
model::box and model::segment (since they're also indexable by the
R-tree) will be a plus. Another plus would be if the serialization
worked for any type adapted to Point/Box/Segment concept but I'm affraid
that this would require changes in Boost.Serialization. But you could
propose such a change in the proposal if that was something you'd need.

Adam

On 03/15/2017 11:58 PM, Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost wrote:

> R-tree) will be a plus. Another plus would be if the serialization
> worked for any type adapted to Point/Box/Segment concept but I'm affraid
> that this would require changes in Boost.Serialization. But you could

If these types can be detected via traits then this can be done without
modifying Boost.Serialization. The basic idea is to forward the
serialize() function (and likewise for load/save) to a trampoline
function object that does the partial specialization.