Problem with boost installation

Boost - Build mailing list

Hello,

I’m using the command ‘./bootstrap.sh’ in Ubuntu to compile boost. However, the terminal returns ‘Failed to build Boost.Build build engine.’ I doublechecked my directory and it seemed that the directory was correct. I’m not sure what the problem is. Can someone help me understand the issue? Thank you.

Regards,

Qiwei

Re: Problem with boost installation

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

On 3/19/19 10:58 AM, Qiwei Shao via Boost-build wrote:

> I’m using the command ‘./bootstrap.sh’ in Ubuntu to compile boost. However, the terminal returns ‘Failed to build Boost.Build build engine.’ I doublechecked my directory and it seemed that the directory was correct. I’m not sure what the problem is. Can someone help me understand the issue? Thank you.

What does bootstrap.log say?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Problem with boost installation

Boost - Build mailing list
I tried bootstrap.log in ubuntu and it says there's no such file in the directory. Not sure why I'm getting that.

On 2019-03-19, 1:05 PM, "Boost-build on behalf of Steven Watanabe via Boost-build" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    AMDG

    On 3/19/19 10:58 AM, Qiwei Shao via Boost-build wrote:

    > I’m using the command ‘./bootstrap.sh’ in Ubuntu to compile boost. However, the terminal returns ‘Failed to build Boost.Build build engine.’ I doublechecked my directory and it seemed that the directory was correct. I’m not sure what the problem is. Can someone help me understand the issue? Thank you.

    What does bootstrap.log say?

    In Christ,
    Steven Watanabe

Re: Problem with boost installation

Boost - Build mailing list
AMDG

I'm afraid I can't help much then.  Is the
Boost distribution writable?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

I downloaded the zip from here https://www.boost.org/users/download/. It did say permission denied in the beginning but after I ran 'chomd +wx bootstrap.sh' I assume it's writable.