Problem updating qvm

BenPope81
My tester has had this problem a couple of times now:

# Executing GIT command: /media/revo/boost/test/build/boost_root> git
submodule "update" "--init"
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by
checkout:
        build/vcxproj.exe
Please commit your changes or stash them before you can switch branches.
Aborting
Unable to checkout 'db03e8001e0c5324adc56873eded25174f0c54d7' in
submodule path 'libs/qvm'

ben@yyls03:/media/revo/boost/test/build/boost_root/libs/qvm$ git status
HEAD detached at 65dc979
Changes not staged for commit:
   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

        modified:   build/vcxproj.exe

This is when checking out the develop branch, I think.

I don't know how that file gets modified, but it's not me, I'm running
on Ubuntu and only use this checkout for the tests.

Ben

Re: Problem updating qvm

Emil Dotchevski-2
On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Ben Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I don't know how it gets modified either, but I should not have put it in git. Sorry about that, I'll delete it now.

Emil

Re: Problem updating qvm

BenPope81
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 08:54 AM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> I don't know how it gets modified either, but I should not have put it
> in git. Sorry about that, I'll delete it now.

Excellent, thanks!

Ben

Re: Problem updating qvm

Tom Kent

This is happening on both windows and linux test runners.

On Wed, Jun 15, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Ben Pope <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 08:54 AM, Emil Dotchevski wrote:

I don't know how it gets modified either, but I should not have put it
in git. Sorry about that, I'll delete it now.

Did something change that re-wrote git history in the qvm repo? Now when I'm doing an update I get:
Unable to checkout '9ebb22f2443d3f81ca8223a86a0990869cd98b8a' in submodule path 'libs/qvm'

Tom

Re: Problem updating qvm

Tom Kent
Nevermind, I just had a bad state in my repos (for some reason the 'git checkout -- builds/vcxproj.exe' didn't revert the modified file).

I had to toss my repos and re-clone them.