Problem building Boost 1_73_0

Boost - Build mailing list
Attempting to build Boost 1_73_0 on Windows 10 using MinGw-64.  I have
successfully built several earlier versions of boost, but not since 1_69_0.
That version still works just fine for me, except that I have need (for
completely different project) to update my version of MinGw-64 (from 7.2.1
either 7.3.x or 8.1.0, preferable the latter).  I anticipate that this
upgrade will require recompile of several other libraries, including Boost.

Hence my attempt to upgrade to the most recent version.  Below is a
transcript (essentially complete) of my attempt to build boost.

The significant error message (near bottom) is * don't know how to make
<e>stage *

Any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong?

Incidentally, I tried poking around the online documentation, but found that
*A LOT* of the links are broken for 1_73_0 file hierarchy.  I poked around
the instructions for earlier versions, but haven't found anything to get me
out of this mess.

Thanks in advance for any help, Mike

> PROMPT> bootstrap.bat gcc
>
> Building the B2 engine..
> ###
> ### Using 'gcc' toolset.
> ###
>
> g++ -x c++ -std=c++11 -s -O3 -o b2.exe  **** snip  ****
> **** snip *****
> Building is done. To install, run:
>
>     .\b2 --prefix=DIR install
>
> PROMPT> .\b2 --prefix=%PREFIX% toolset=gcc --build-type=complete stage
< notice: could not find main target stage
> notice: assuming it is a name of file to create.
> don't know how to make <e>stage
> ...found 1 target...
> ...can't find 1 target...

Re: Problem building Boost 1_73_0

Boost - Build mailing list
Per my earlier request for guidance on building boost ...

Let's just file this under the category *User is challenged to follow simple and clear instructions"

*** PRIOR POST ***