Preliminary release schedule for 1.73.0

Boost - Dev mailing list
We missed the start of the release cycle for 1.73.0.
Bad release managers. No biscuit.

Here's my preliminary schedule for the 1.73.0 release:

25-Mar  Boost 1.73.0 closed for new libraries and breaking changes
1-Apr     Boost 1.73.0 closed for major changes
8-Apr     Boost 1.73.0 closed for beta
ASAP    Boost 1.73.0 beta
22-Apr   Boost 1.73.0 closed for release
ASAP    Boost 1.73.0 release

"ASAP", in this list, means "As soon as possible after the preceding
milestone"

Please let me know if you see any problems with this.

-- Marshall

Re: Preliminary release schedule for 1.73.0

Boost - Dev mailing list
Sounds good to me.  FYI - I have a major date-time update (constexpr
support + no library (all inline)  + cleanup) ready to push.  With help
from friends here have already worked thru and resolved dependent library
breaks (thx Peter D, Jeff T, and Glen). Most of it has been up on develop
running successfully thru the big regression for a week or so.  Free BSD
and some others don't seem to have cycled yet, but I'm not expecting issues
at this point.  Made some tweaks for new ambiguous warnings on
clang10-c++2a yesterday, so was going to wait another 24 hours before
pushing to master.

Jeff

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 2:51 PM Marshall Clow via Boost <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> We missed the start of the release cycle for 1.73.0.
> Bad release managers. No biscuit.
>
> Here's my preliminary schedule for the 1.73.0 release:
>
> 25-Mar  Boost 1.73.0 closed for new libraries and breaking changes
> 1-Apr     Boost 1.73.0 closed for major changes
> 8-Apr     Boost 1.73.0 closed for beta
> ASAP    Boost 1.73.0 beta
> 22-Apr   Boost 1.73.0 closed for release
> ASAP    Boost 1.73.0 release
>
> "ASAP", in this list, means "As soon as possible after the preceding
> milestone"
>
> Please let me know if you see any problems with this.
>
> -- Marshall

Re: Preliminary release schedule for 1.73.0

Boost - Dev mailing list
This has been pushed to master -- updates to icl and wave which depend on
the change can now safely go as well.