Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006

Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006

Zhou Fan
Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006.
I need it very much.

Re: Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006

Nicola Musatti
Zhou Fan wrote:
> Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006.
> I need it very much.

This is being worked upon. I expect the forthcoming Boost 1.34 release
to provide support for BCB2006, with Updates 1 and/or 2.

Meanwhile the bcbboost project (http://bcbboost.sourceforge.net)
provides a set of retroactive patches that make it possible to use
BCB2006 with Boost 1.33.1 .

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Re: Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006

Mauricio Gomes
Hi Zhou,

Have you downloaded the update from Borland ? A Borland employee told me
the out of box compiler C++ environment is in bad shape, the update is a
must.

I used to love Borland tools but the quality of their C++
implementations fell a lot.
Let us know if the update helps.
Maybe Borland C++ is too far behind in compliance with modern C++
constructs and we will have to keep bugging Borland to fix it.

Regards,
Mauricio.

Zhou Fan wrote:

> Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006.
> I need it very much.

Re: Please add support for Borland C++ Builder 2006

John Grabner

Mauricio Gomes wrote:
> Hi Zhou,
>
> Have you downloaded the update from Borland ? A Borland employee told me
> the out of box compiler C++ environment is in bad shape, the update is a
> must.

Update 1 is included in new purchases. It is not in bad shape, but still
needs some work; but what compiler doesn't. There will be an update 2 soon.

John.