Pion Network Library 0.5.4

Michael Dickey-2
In conjunction with the first alpha release of our Pion CEP Platform,
Atomic Labs is happy to announce a new release (v0.5.4) of the Pion
Network Library, an active, fully-functional and Boost-licensed HTTP
1.0/1.1 client/server library built on top of asio.

This new release contains several enhancements, including the ability
to define alternative thread management and work scheduling for each
server instance (PionScheduler is no longer a singleton), and the
ability to bind any function object (or function if you use
boost::bind) to an HTTP resource (the use of WebService plugins is now
optional). We've also added a std::basic_iostream wrapper for
TCPConnection objects called TCPStream.

In addition, we fixed several bugs that were identified within the
last (v0.5.2) release, including issues with parsing chunked entity
content, and with parsing responses that include neither "Content-
Length" nor "Transfer-Encoding" HTTP headers. Also, the HTTPRequest
and HTTPResponse objects now sort HTTP headers using a case-
insensitive map, so lookups should now work properly regardless of the
capitalization used (if any).

Although we have several new things planned for the next few months
(such as adding support for user authentication), the networking
library is now mostly stabilized and ready for general use.

The Pion CEP Platform is open source software, published under the GNU
Affero GPL license. The platform is a real-time event processing
engine that is designed to be extremely extensible through the use
plugins. Plugins can be developed to provide specialized data
processing logic, web services, and to enable support for different
data encoding formats and databases.

You can learn more and download releases at http://www.pion.org

Take care,
-Mike