Pb DocBook -> HTML: xsltproc can't create the repertory structure

Pb DocBook -> HTML: xsltproc can't create the repertory structure

Cédric Venet
Hi,

I tried to compile some doc. I followed the installation guide from
quickbook. It work great until the last step: DocBook -> HTML. Here he
complain about

Writing mpi/reference.html for section(mpi.reference)
I/O error : No such file or directory
I/O error : No such file or directory
runtime error: file
file:///F%3A/Prog/tools/xsltproc/docbook-xsl/html/chunker.xs
l line 225 element document
xsltDocumentElem: unable to save to html/mpi/reference.html

for each file. If I create the repertory mpi it work.  It also work if I
create onehtml. (I use WinXP)

I didn't find reference to this problem in docbook documentation. Do you
have a solution?

Regards,

Ps: should I have post this on boost-users?

--
Cédric Venet

Re: Pb DocBook -> HTML: xsltproc can't create therepertory structure

John Maddock
Cédric Venet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile some doc. I followed the installation guide from
> quickbook. It work great until the last step: DocBook -> HTML. Here he
> complain about

This is a known issue with xsltproc, you need to use the patched version
here: http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/xsltproc-win32.zip see the
Boostbook getting started guide here for more details:
http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boostbook/getting/started.html

BTW if the quickbook getting started guide doesn't match up with this, then
it's a bug.

John.

Re: Pb DocBook -> HTML: xsltproc can't create the repertory structure

Cédric Venet
> [hidden email]] De la part de John Maddock
> This is a known issue with xsltproc, you need to use the patched
> version
> here: http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/xsltproc-win32.zip see
> the
> Boostbook getting started guide here for more details:
> http://www.boost.org/doc/html/boostbook/getting/started.html

I didn't see it last time because I directly jumped to manual setup (perhaps
you could put some warning somewhere or in a FAQ, because for someone who
already have xsltproc, it isn't clear that the indicated version is patched
and that they need to redownload it). But It work thanks.

> BTW if the quickbook getting started guide doesn't match up with this,
> then
> it's a bug.

In the qbk and html doc in CVS, it is said:

First of all you need to have a copy of xsltproc for Windows. There are many
ways to get this tool, but to keep things simple, use the binary packages
made by Igor Zlatkovic. At the very least, you need to download the
following packages: iconv, zlib, libxml2 and libxslt.

And this one don't work. If someone could change this it would be great for
future users (I don't have cvs account to do it myself).

> John.

Cédric Venet

Re: Pb DocBook -> HTML: xsltproc can't create the repertory structure

Matias Capeletto
> In the qbk and html doc in CVS, it is said:
>
> First of all you need to have a copy of xsltproc for Windows. There are many
> ways to get this tool, but to keep things simple, use the binary packages
> made by Igor Zlatkovic. At the very least, you need to download the
> following packages: iconv, zlib, libxml2 and libxslt.
>
> And this one don't work. If someone could change this it would be great for
> future users (I don't have cvs account to do it myself).

Added to the queue...
If someone jump in before me send me a line
Best regards
Matias