PCH Support

Bernhard Glück
Hi

As i have converted our build system to boost build v2 i am struggling
with hopefully the last addition.
PCH Support on VC8.. I have basically no clue on how to use that
correctly and the examples in pch.jam don't seem to work correctly. Also
the mailing list search is not there, and google does not seem to index
it to far back.. So i am asking you what to do to get PCH support working:

I have Kernel.hpp -> Main Header file includes all other headers.
Kernel.cpp just includes Kernel.hpp

Other Cpp files = Include Kernel.hpp

Now i set up my project as follows at the end of this message.
but i always get the "cannot generate KernelPch" error.

I am basically asking : What am i doing wrong ?

pch KernelPch : Kernel.hpp Kernel.cpp ;

lib PgeKernel :
    KernelPch
    Kernel.cpp

    Xts/Object.cpp
    Xts/TypeManager.cpp

    Diagnostics/Exception.cpp
    Diagnostics/ExecutionMonitor.cpp
    Diagnostics/Log.cpp
    Diagnostics/MemoryManager.cpp
    Diagnostics/Profiler.cpp
    Diagnostics/StackTrace.cpp
    Diagnostics/TextFileSink.cpp

    Io/FileArchive.cpp
    Io/FileStream.cpp
    Io/StreamManager.cpp
    Io/Url.cpp

    Resource/ResourceBase.cpp
    Resource/ResourceManager.cpp
    Resource/ResourcePool.cpp

    Configuration/Chunk.cpp

    : <define>PGE_BUILD_KERNEL
    ;

Re: PCH Support

Janssen, Olaf  ST/HZA-TBE
> As i have converted our build system to boost build v2 i am
> struggling
> with hopefully the last addition.
> PCH Support on VC8.. I have basically no clue on how to use that
> correctly and the examples in pch.jam don't seem to work
> correctly. Also
> the mailing list search is not there, and google does not
> seem to index
> it to far back.. So i am asking you what to do to get PCH
> support working:

Here's a working example:

pch stdafx : [ cast _ pcheader : Stdafx.h ] Stdafx.cpp ;

lib Dialogs : stdafx $(SOURCES).cxx Dialogs.rc
     : <toolset>msvc
     : debug release
     ;

Olaf